Friday, February 28, 2014

Back online!

Which means I can annoy you daily now with freebies for your Kindle instead of once a week, haha. Seriously, it's great having internet again, and I'm going to seriously enjoy every minute I get to spend online of an evening now. There's so much to get done, though.

1. Website for the farm, which includes a LOT of stuff. My notes for it are a bit of a mish mash but they do make sense. Things like: main page for site; move blog from blogger? and does blog import if I make a post on blogger?; CSA if one is done once farm is running much better; events calendar; store; photos; recommended products lists; kindle freebies list ... you get the idea.

2. Get all my patterns finalized into form with good photos so they can go in the store, as well as various other online venues like Etsy, Ravelry and so forth.

3. Get my jewelry and crafts making going again with stuff to sell.

4. Write more books/booklets, though most will be under a pseudonym to differ the author based on what type of book/booklet it is.

5. Continue other money-making enterprises I have been working on in bits and pieces as time has allowed.

And that's just the online stuff. Never mind spring cleaning, yard work, cutting brush and trees for firewood or burning, burying junk trash that can't be burned or scrapped, scrapping out more of the Merlot, ordering seeds for hopefully a garden this year (or saving the seed for next year), maybe getting the trees and such that can go into half barrel planters for a while ordered and planted, knitting up an afghan or three to use up the rest of all my scrap yarns that are sitting around here, yard sale browsing, putting stuff up for sale on Amazon ... and somewhere in all of that is my job, food, sleep and social time. How it's all going to get managed, I don't know, but it will be done.

Thankfully, a lot of it is one-offs. For example, knitting up an afghan from scrap yarn. Once that several yards of scrap is knitted up, it doesn't have to be done again. Buying seeds and trees, ditto. A good chunk of that list is a lot of one-offs that never have to be done again once they're accomplished.

I'd've gotten some done outside this week with the days getting slightly longer, to where I have about half an hour of daylight left after I get home from work yet. However, we had another cold snap this week that is supposed to last through most of next week as well, which means no getting out, because it will be too freaking cold. With working in a cold environment all day, the last thing I want to do when I come home in the evening is freeze even longer to get things done.

Okay, I admit it - I'm just a bit of a wimp in the respect of cold weather anymore. I'm 46 this summer and I've got arthritis settling into my joints. Me and the cold outdoors don't get along as well as we used to anymore, so I tend to just go the heck with this crap after I've been in it eight hours or so already. Yet another reason to not get livestock - I'd be the one responsible for it, and I'm not all that inclined to get out of bed at 3AM anymore unless it's life or death emergency time, even when it's cold. ESPECIALLY when it's cold. I'm afraid livestock would get neglected for the lure of a warm bed, and I won't do that. It's one thing to get up late to give the boys their "gushy fuds" for breakfast, because they always have water and free choice kibble. But you can't do that with livestock in a barn. They expect breakfast at a specific time every day, and you by gosh better provide it!

There's so many ways I can make money from home, and eventually replace my Tysons check. Don't get me wrong, most days, I really like my job, and when things go really well as they have the last couple of weeks, I love it. But I love more being able to work from home on things I enjoy doing, and having my house shipshape and Bristol fashion, as the saying goes, and being able to provide a hot dinner every day rather than coming home tired and achy and hoping I have the oomph to stop on the way and pick up a pizza or burgers or something because I just don't have it in me to cook after eight or so hours on my feet. It sucks, it really does, because I love to cook, so much. But work and commuting precludes that, when work leaves me pretty pooped.

So it will be nice once my online stuff gets going again and I can work from home. Did you guys know that the average at-home worker recovers between ninety and one hundred hours a MONTH of their lives back, mostly through not having to commute? I don't know about you guys, but I sure could use that extra time to catch up some sleep and still have eight hours or more a day to do needlework (and work up the patterns for sale), make jewelry and other crafts, garden, do cleanup and more.

As far as my seed catalog perusals, I'm down to Johnnys, High Mowing, Terroir and Totally Tomato. Slowly but surely, I'm plowing through to make overall picks of what I'd like from everybody. Then it's sort it out and narrow it down to what I actually will get and from whom. Right now, that spreadsheet is a big mess, but in a week or so, I'll be spending an evening narrowing things down to the best bang for my buck, so I won't be getting the same thing from several different companies (like Bloomsdale Long Standing Spinach, for example, because just about everybody has that!).

Though I have to admit, getting the router to connect took a while, and was kind of annoying, but not nearly as annoying as Quentin dealing with the TV people to get help setting up the new remote. The buttons on the old one were sticking pretty badly from use, so they sent a new one, which also arrived today. Bad part is, Quentin couldn't get it to connect to the satellite receiver, and the gal he got on the phone was next to no help at all, seems to be half deaf considering how many times he had to repeat stuff, and then he got disconnected. He's still at it, and getting rather frustrated, for which I can not blame him.

But that's it for tonight. More tomorrow (maybe), even if it's just freebie books, though that's likelly all it will be and late to boot. You see, we have a date with Mid-States Wrestling tomorrow night for a show and it usually runs kind of late. After spending most of the day doing chores and errands to begin with, then going to the show, I'm going to be one pooped lady!

KINDLE FREEBIES FOR THE DAY - As always, they may not be free when you get to them, but they are free when I post them.


Homesteading books

Economic Survival Pantry for Beginners: A Prepper Mom's Guide for Emergency Essential Food Storage, Recipes, Seeds, Tool, Kits and Spreadsheet to Prepare Your Family for any Disaster or Worst-Case
Back Country Crafts Made Easy: 25 Crafts to Warm Your Heart
Crochet Pattern: Octopus ((Animal Amigurumi: Crochet Animals))
Knitting 101: A Beginner's Step-by-Step Guide To Knitting like a Pro


Cookbooks

Simple Rice Cookbook: Risottos, Chilis and Other Rice Recipes For Fast Home Cooking
Paleo Chicken Recipes - 30 Delicious Paleo Chicken Recipes (Quick and Easy Paleo Recipes)
Just Enough: Home Cooking for 1 or 2
50 Kickass Potato Recipes Fried, Baked, Mashed Potatoes - It's all here!
Wheat Free Cook Book Simple Wheat Free Recipes for Weight Loss and Health
Snack & Dessert Quinoa Recipes (Easy Quinoa Recipes)
Gluttony of Gluten-Free - Baking and Slow-Cooker Recipes
Easy Chocolate Cupcake Recipe Ideas 45 Tasty Crockpot Soup And Stew Recipes For All Families
Favorite Easy Casserole Recipes - Tried and True Comfort Food
Country Baking and Desserts (Delicious Mini Book)
Crumbles of Cornbread (Easy Cheap Comfort Eats)

Ok, it's nearing my bedtime, so I'm done for the night. I'll write more tomorrow or Sunday for sure, especially since I don't have to go to McQuack's anymore! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment