Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Crazy busy lately

Heading to bed. It's been a long, hard day at work - things kept breaking, lots of boobs coming along with skin still on them so had to pull a lot by hand, which means my wrists hurt from the extra work. Had some extra work after the lines were done, so I was among the last folks out of the department. Not too bad getting half an hour towards overtime, but it still bites because I still hurt. I will be so glad when the business picks up and I make enough every single month to NOT have to have an outside job off the homestead. So much needs doing here that keeps having to be put off or done in pieces because the J.O.B. takes up all the time there is for those things with extremely little to spare.
Did get some work done on the business tonight after work, though, and that is good. The main lines of the business as far as finished crafts will be the jewelry (earrings, necklaces, bracelets and pins), Christmas ornaments and other holiday decorations (kind of cheesy in a way as most are foam or otherwise look quite a lot like stuff your kids might bring home from school, but these are done professionally, so not THAT bad), and magnets (just because I love sticking the things on the fridge, never mind that I haven't had little ones making artwork for me in years).
Other goodies will be things like jar mixes, my little ebooks, and eventually candles and soaps. All of that will go on Etsy and the website if I keep the site. Considering how the choice of back office software for a webstore that I can afford is either a - easy to install but does not share items to FB with a photo much of the time, if it even agrees to do the share at all or b - is more difficult to work with and I am not sure if it will share properly to FB ... well, I may have to bite the bullet and consider the website idea a loss.
Other goodies, like the less-expensive decor items for home and garden will be going on Amazon (yay, I get to compete with everybody else for similar products there) and eBay (again, competing with everybody else for similar products). All will give more exposure than the webstore has been getting, despite my promoting like mad with business cards and FB and other social media outlets. I am going to have to seriously consider the next batch of business cards getting a change to the URL listed on them from the standalone webstore to the FB page, which gets way more traffic, according to stats from both.
But it is time for some sleep so I can go kill myself with the chickens again tomorrow. Go, me.

No comments:

Post a Comment