Saturday, January 4, 2020

Been a bit!

I haven't written in a few weeks, I know. Between holidays and work being super-crazy and just a lot going on, it's been a bit insane.

The furkids are doing great. Bandit is hysterical. She loves stuffy and squeaky toys but destroys the heck out of them in no time flat, and then the house is a disaster with freaking stuffing all over the place for days. So this past week, I got her a smoked shin bone from Wally World. I don't normally like shopping there, but they carry her brand of pet food and she was out. I forgot to order some online in time, oops. She loved the thing, and when Stars and Bouncer just wanted a sniff, Bandit was quite protective of it. GRRRR. They backed off.

Of course, she antagonizes them daily, not a lot but trying to play. They lay on their backs and swat her. She knows to keep away when toe razors come out and smack her poor nose. Everybody but me is sleeping right now. It's kind of funny that they are all snoozing and here I am, pushing my way through a crap ton of stuff to do for the shop. I'm not making a ton of progress, but every inch helps.

Do please visit the PTR page and click all the links. Each click gets me a tiny bit of money to help keep things rolling around here. Most of it goes to help promote the business, so anything helps with that. Hey, free advertising, I'm all for it.

Merch By Amazon turned me down. I'll have to revisit that later and try again. I'm pretty sure I can get approved for just general selling and go from there. May have to do that and eventually go for a pro account so I can sell POD stuff from my various suppliers. One of them actually integrates with Amazon as long as you have a pro account, so that is a possibility for the future as well.

HE is still being an idiot. Can't find a job to save his butt, and gee, I wonder why? When you won't put down work history in an online app because it's too hard to copy and paste, and you put your spouse down as your only personal reference and note that it's your spouse, you aren't going to get phone calls about interviews unless someone is really, really desperate.

Business is starting to pick up a bit. I'm separating the Etsy stuff between candles, handmade jewelry and digital products on the Etsy side, and the pet lovers gifts and pet products into the Pattern side of things. The pattern site, being my own domain, is the part I'm promoting as much as I can even as I separate stuff. I'm letting Etsy do it's own thing on promoting my stuff on that side. I've actually sold a few digital things, too! A couple of graphics and a dishcloth pattern that is sort of popular - 2 sales and 3 people have it in their carts. So that's going okay to start. It will get better the more I get listed.

People at work think I'm nuts to work my business in addition to my job, but for me, it's a matter of getting the heck out of there before it kills me inside completely.

With that said, time for a nap. I'm beat to heck, I've got a new neighbor next door who's a bit bossy. He thinks he is going to tell me what I'm going to let him do in my place, he better think again. He wants to bomb all the apartments at his expense for bugs, which is fine. Except that a - my place can't be bombed because of my pets which he's all "OH, I'll just move them out for the day." and b - I'm highly sensitive to that crap and can't be around it. So, dude, 1 - no you are NOT trespassing on my place to bomb it, 2 - my pets are not getting moved out so you can invade my privacy and 3 - I'm ALLERGIC to that crap, so unless you're going to pay all my bills for a month while I recuperate in the hospital, I don't freaking think so. He's got an attitude that doesn't want to quit. I understand where he's coming from, but he is NOT going to run roughshod over me.

Q runs him to work every day because the guy doesn't have a car right now and he's my bestie's BF. The guy griped today in front of me that Q never lets him drive when they're together. I said that's because it's my car and me and Q are the only ones authorized to drive it. "Oh, I wouldn't hurt it or anything, I just want to do the driving." I literally said, "Not happening. It's my f**king car, b***h."
Boy has a LOT  to learn about not running roughshod over me, because it ain't happening.

Other than that, it's getting towards time for a bit of a nap. I feel the need for a bit more sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment