Sunday, November 3, 2013

Fall color came and went

In about three days, which is typical of the Ozarks. There was a good splash, and boom, gone again before you could really enjoy it. The trees are already brown and dropping leaves like crazy. I got a few photos, but when your camera is only 1.2 megapixels, it doesn't do overly great on photo taking after it's a few years old, but at the time, it was what I could afford. So I make do.

But I did get a few shots around here that I think turned out ok.


This one I took in the parking lot at work, facing away from the factory (because you can't legally take photos of my workplace without permission), when it was sprinkling one evening after work. You can juuuust see the rainbow in the middle.


Trees down by the cow pasture with some color.


More of the cow pasture, the hills behind it, and hopefully the color comes through a bit.


The sunset behind the cow pasture. It came out just like I hoped, with lots of dark shadowed stuff of the landscape, and the sunset behind it.


And this one came out just about perfect. Trees at the side of the road on the way up the mountain.

There were a couple of comments on last week's post, and I'm grateful for commentary. I do appreciate your thoughts. Just please, until you have to walk in my shoes, don't tell me to stay in a marriage that is not working out. There's no hope counseling would help (he doesn't want to do it), the Incident Of Which I Do Not Speak from this past summer cost me my best friend and my trust in him, and I'm honestly tired of the foul language and spoken to in a crude manner all the time as has happened for quite a long time now. I won't even go into the expansive details, but let's just say that I have my reasons for wanting out, and it's horribly sad, but even the chaplain at work that I'm working with for myself has said that there's not a lot of hope and I'm likely to be better off on my own for a while, and it may take that to help Quentin to realize what he has in our marriage and what he's costing himself. And that's all I'm going to say on the whole matter of our marriage.

As far as the hardships here, they're not really hardships so much as serious inconveniences that you learn to live with if you're going to homestead from scratch. Around here, rent-to-own properties are not commonplace, but inexpensive property IS, if you're willing to start from scratch with it. So it's not so bad, it's just annoying more than anything, though when your partner wants to put the propane tanks in the house!!! instead of outside, because he worries that "the valve might freeze", there gets to be an issue of safety going on. I am all about safety ... not nanny-state type safety, but being as safe as possible in what is done around here. Not jury-rigging if it's avoidable, especially on things that could possibly kill somebody.

The baby's stuff is coming along great. The blanket is about eight inches along, so it'll be done in a few more weeks. I still need to do the hat and booties, but may skip those so that Elizabeth Marie has time to wear the sweater before she outgrows it!

At least Quentin's eligible for rehire in a couple more weeks, so hopefully soon, there'll be some time apart other than when I'm at work, for meditation and reflection. Hopefully, there'll be internet at home soon, so I can get more things going that need doing around here, in the vein of the internet stuff. Anyhow, time for this week's book deals, because I have a ton of things I need to get done this afternoon, and there's only so many hours in the day.


Share on Facebook



FREE KINDLE BOOKS FOR THIS WEEK


No comments:

Post a Comment