Saturday, July 18, 2015

Still too hot

It is so hot still. I cannot believe how hot it is, especially with the heat index. Even with all the windows open, the fans all going, and the improvised swamp coolers going, the house is still dang near 100 degrees right now. No wonder the cats are all finding the coolest spot possible and guzzling water to stay hydrated. No wonder I have a heat headache. Definitely time to sit down for a bit and cool down. I have been running since 10 AM and just now got home and got everything indoors and groceries put up. I think about all I will do now is get into my swimsuit for comfort and get bare feets going around here for a while. Chores like making the bed, putting away laundry, gathering and burning the trash, can all wait. Even the litter boxes for a couple more hours. It is just too hot.

So what got done today? Laundry is done and hung to dry. Staples got bought and brought home and put up. Water is refilled again, though I need to get a few more sturdy jugs, as several of the gallon water jugs (like milk carton type jugs) have gotten old and either sprung leaks or the heat has actually made them collapse on themselves so they are unusable. I am thinking of getting more of the kind like I have on the back of the kitchen sink for hand washing. It holds about 1 1/4 gallons, has a big fill mouth on top, and when set on it's side, has a little spigot to use as a tap. (Makes for easy hand washing. Loosen the cap for air flow, turn on and wet hands, turn off, soap up, turn on to rinse, turn off, tighten cap.) Garden got watered good before I left, but I may have to do it every day for a while till it cools off and rains good some more. Got every throw rug in the house out on the outdoor line early this morning to let fleas die off them out there. A few days of no kitties or us to feed on and they'll be good to take to the laundromat for a thorough cleaning before coming back and going back on the line for a while until the fleas die back or die off.

Also met up with one of my old friends from the plant who no longer works there, and his wife, and gave her a bunch of my business cards. She started looking at things on her phone, and oohing and aahing. I told her too look at things on a computer, she could see them better and see more stuff. Her eyes got big, she asked for more cards, and I gave her all I had. Told her to contact me through email and send me her address, and I would mail her a bunch to pass out. I am hoping that this could be the beginning of good things.

Time to relax a bit more in front of the fan/swamp cooler and do some serious cooling off. I know this won't last forever. Thank goodness. I need a break from this. We are supposed to get thunderstorms Tuesday and Wednesday, but then it is mostly dry and hot again through the end of the month as expected forecast. Ugh. Hugs and love, all. Time for a siesta of sorts while doing some work of some kind to feel like I accomplished something besides sitting for a couple of hours and dying in this heat. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment