Sunday, November 22, 2015

November 22, 2015

Well, the Etsy shop will be at over 100 items sometime tomorrow. I have chores to do (always gonna be chores on a homestead). Wood needs cutting for the pile, trash burnt, cat boxes cleaned, dishes caught up, laundry put up. Plans are made for holiday chores next weekend. Looking forward to a short week at the plant (three days) and a long holiday weekend to work on things at home. I am feeling quite contented. Hoping to catch up on some of my shows on mu Hulu queue tomorrow night and over next weekend as well, plus might finally get that darned MAM afghan I started a year ago finished. I need more time than I have for everything, but the more I do on the business, the more it does and the more it does, the sooner things move to me working only from home and having even more time for the things I enjoy doing most - homesteading and the business and writing. I am truly blessed to have the good life I have.

Oh and what is dinner for the big day, since we have no stove, you ask? Pork steaks (braised and seasoned - they are fork-tender when I am done), green beans, stuffing, mashed potatoes. Have to get gravy this week, forgot it at the store today. Maybe some cheese and pickles as well. Cats are getting turkey and giblets wet food for breakfast so they will sleep the day away.

Holiday chores include the usual daily and weekly stuff, but also finishing up consolidating to the living/dining/kitchen rooms in the trailer. As we will be living in a one-room cabin as of next year, with any luck, now is the time to learn to do it without killing each other if it is possible. If not, we learn that as well. I am pretty sure it can be done. We've managed for a few weeks now and haven't clobbered each other yet. Basically it will be taking the shelf and clothes bar we put up in the master bedroom closet (which had one but it was destroyed and didn't work at all) from in there and moving it to the kitchen wall so we can have a warmish place for clothes. The unused part of the house is so cold right now I can see my breath. All we use that end now is the bathroom!!! So we are doing good on the one-room cabin thing.

But right now it is time for this old gal to put things up, climb under the blankets and get some sleep for yet another second shift day tomorrow. Hugs and love, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment