Friday, February 26, 2016

Almost there

As of today, the cabin is just about ready for delivery. It is built, but has to be roofed and inspected so it can be loaded on the truck and delivered to my land. The mailbox has to be put in, and I am so eager in some ways to move. Other ways, I am scared. I do not like moving, and I have enjoyed my time here, but it is time to move. If not now, then by this time next year.

Why, you ask? This is where it gets tricky. In all the time I have been here, the landlords have not paid the property taxes. That means since the 2012 taxes were due, they have not been paid. The certified letter has been received from the Commissioner of State Lands that the place has been certified for tax lien sale next summer. Funny thing, the landlady is the one who legally owns the land ... in her MAIDEN name. She swears that the county won't "let her" change her name on the property, or add her husband, or change the address to which the real estate notices go. This I find incredibly ridiculous, since I know of a number of people over the years who have had their tax notices go to an address other than that of the property. I also know it is not that difficult to change your name on property tax records if you get married, since you simply have to take the marriage license in to the county and have it changed. It is not that difficult.

So it is with a bit of a heavy heart that in a few weeks, I will be packed and moving from this place. My last rent is due next Friday, when the landlords will get their written notice of the move-out.

But you're probably wondering why it is a Friday evening and I am home when I should be at work. I had a bad migraine and upset tummy this morning, so called in and took a long nap to feel better. So now I am working on the stores - both the main website and Etsy, and doing a lot of promoting of all the new things going in. I am hoping to start getting some seriously steady sales from all of this work, especially since my cheap Straight Talk phone died on me (the touch screen will no longer touch when I bring it up from sleep without turning it off and restarting it, and it gives me all kinds of errors about com.google.process.gapps not working any more. Funny thing is, I have tried all that I can find on various websites on how to fix this and restore my phone and nothing works. So I have to get a new phone, and thankfully they are pretty cheap. It will be time-consuming to move all my phone numbers over, though. You could say I am not too thrilled about that. Such is my life!

For now, however, it is back to using my TV shows on Hulu as background racket while I work on the shops. More later, including photos once the cabin is in!

No comments:

Post a Comment