Sunday, May 8, 2016

More garden stuff started!

So for Mother's Day ...

I put dishes to soak.
Swept the floor.
Put away laundry.
Mowed.
Emptied the camp toilet (fun job, really, just doesn't sound like it).
Changed oil in the gennie.
Trash out and burnt.
Made the bed.
Napped.
Mostly puttered in gardening type stuff.

That last, I got to full cell flats started, a six-pack each of:
Large Red Cherry Tomato
Brandywine Red Tomato
Super Sweet 100 Hybrid Cherry Tomato
Roma Tomato
Mortgage Lifter Tomato
California Wonder Sweet Pepper
Grand Bell Mix Sweet Pepper
Jalapeno Hot Pepper
Hot Pepper Mix (Anaheim, Serrano, and a couple others in the packet)
Hales Best Canteloupe
Black Beauty Eggplant
Shooting Stars Eggplant
Early Acorn Hybrid Winter Squash
Waltham Butternut Squash
Straightneck Early Yellow Squash
Buttercup Squash
Dark Green Zucchini Squash
Sugar Baby Watermelon
Black Seeded Simpson Lettuce (that's going to be succession started for a long while - I like my salads)
Sumter Cucumber
Marketmore Cucumber
Straight Eight Cucumber
Calabrese Broccoli
De Cicco Broccoli

Now on to digging up more ground so all this stuff has a place to go in a few weeks!

Photos from a couple weeks ago:



 The baby blanket I finished


An old Chevy Bel Air I saw in the parking lot at TSC


Kizzy

Stars and the twins, Shelby and Mazda


Trouble staying OUT of trouble for once


Fuzzy


Oreo


A fairy ring in the yard near the house

Still can't get the rest of the cats to be still long enough for photos! Missing Bouncer Jr, Smokey, and Cocoa.



Also gardening related, my beans at least are starting to sprout and my tomato transplants I'd bought and stuck in the ground are going gung ho! I might get a decent garden this year yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment