Saturday, August 15, 2020

Well, I'm doing a bit better, haha

 Things are still crazy around here. I took the day off work today through calling in. Just couldn't do it today on shorter than normal sleep. Ended up sleeping until basically break time. Needed the money, but needed the rest more, for certain.

I did finally get the complete move to Shopify done with all the apps added that I really want right now. I've even got a couple discounts set up, one automatic for bigger orders and one for Halloween (Halloweenie2020 for those interested, starts September 15th and runs through Halloween). The last will be for 10% off items in the Family Clothing category, so tees and such will be a little cheaper for all you pet lovers.

Me and the zoo crew are doing well. The spousal unit is doing, just he's being his usual self and I'm still looking forward to the day I can afford to bail. I could do it now if I was willing to leave the furkids behind but that is NOT an option. He'd starve and neglect the cats (he does nothing for them now) and he'd turn Bandit mean in a heartbeat the way he is, so she'd end up having to be put down for temperment problems. NOT happening to my beautiful babies.

Work is basically ok, I still am not happy there but it's a job. Not a lot else available that pays as well, unfortunately. The COVID thing isn't helping, either. People seem to think they can pay 2000 wages in 2020 and get decent help. Not this girl. I'd rather stick with the Just Over Broke instead of taking a massive pay cut and end up someone's general dogsbody just to get out of there.

The shop is moving along. I moved literally everything, including Mom's baby quilts, my candles, and my knitting patterns, over to the Shopify shop, even though they don't exactly fit the pet lovers gifts theme/nice. It's better there than paying Etsy 20c every four months for the stuff to sit. My handmade jewelry and the women's name jewelry is slowly going up there as well. New stuff every day, whether it's my POD stuff, or my candles and jewelry, or another knitting pattern or two. I've got some that I charted out ages ago for the 12 Days of Christmas that I really need to knit up samples for so I can shoot those and get the patterns written out and up for sale, too. It turns out I've been a pretty busy designer over the years. Over 800 dishcloth patterns, lol. Not to mention the baby outfits I threw together when the kids were little, or all the afghans I threw together because I just like making the things. There's going to be a LOT of $1 knitting patterns up for sale on the site eventually. Kind of going to make it a bit of a hodgepodge, but at least it brings in a bit of money now and then and is slowly growing.

So that's the basics for now. Be sure to visit the shop regular to see what's new! Link opens in a new window.

Homestead Crafter

No comments:

Post a Comment