Sunday, June 23, 2013

Happy Anniversary

to us. Three years today. My presents to him were a day free to be a bachelor while I'm at McDonald's (ie, a normal Sunday) and a new cellphone ... his old one had decided after two years of hard use to lose the external screen (all blank) and the inside one wasn't doing much better. So a new cheapy flip phone that he likes. It's got more gizmos than mine does and I just got mine earlier this year. Yeesh. I'm jealous, I think. We splurged even though we couldn't really afford it, and went out to Chinese at Diamond Head in Harrison for dinner yesterday.

It's rough on us though. All that overtime I'm putting in might as well not be even getting made. All due to an old bill from over a decade ago that the hospital (it was an outpatient surgery for my daughter) decided to garnish my wages for. Mind, they have at LEAST three copies of the paternity order which states that I'm only liable for 12% of the bill, but they AND their attorneys are ignoring that. And since I didn't get a copy of the garnishment from work until after the two week period had ended to fight it, and it's in a court back in MICHIGAN, AND they can't get a penny out of the ex who is supposed to pay the rest of the thing, guess who's getting stuck with the whole thing? Yep, me. So it's kind of depressing. I swear, I get this thing paid off, I'm going to find me an attorney down here that will sue the hospital for return of my 88% of the money plus damages. I have physical issues (fibromyalgia and a heart issue) that means I probably shouldn't even be WORKING, let alone being the sole-wage earner and having to pull 50-hour or more weeks to make ends meet, so there's possibly damages in there as well. Oddly, the default judgement (because I never got notified of the court date in the first place) was in November 2003. Since late 2004, they haven't even tried to collect on the thing, and according to court records that I can find online, last year, the file was marked "Destroyed in flood." Hello????????? Shouldn't that mean "Give the heck up on this thing?"

Thankfully, Quentin will be getting back to work in a few more months (towards Thanksgiving), so I only have to do this for a while, as we've agreed that once he's back to work, I'll give up the overtime and we'll still do quite well with his check plus what's left of mine. But it does mean that many of this summer's projects, which all that overtime was supposed to go for, aren't going to happen and things will have to continue to plug along in very short order. It's awfully depressing. I keep finding myself wanting to bawl, and that doesn't work so well to get anything done.

My ankle is pretty well healed up, still a bit stiff in the mornings and all but the swelling's mostly gone but for a bit on the outside of the ankle. I can get around normally again as long as I'm careful, so on days when I don't pull overtime, I'm going to do what I can around the house. It isn't much, when you have to try to pull overtime nearly every night plus Saturdays. I feel like I'm going to fall apart from being the responsible one all the time, because Quentin's own depression over not working has him not doing anything he doesn't absolutely have to do. He tends to pull the "It's too (insert weather condition of choice here - rainy, muddy, windy, hot, cold, foggy, muggy, whatever) to get anything done outside today. Though if he'd get up before noon, he might get something done when it's cooler. Pretty obvious nothing is getting done to improve things when he comes up with excuses to do nothing but play video games and watch TV all day because that's about all he can make himself do. I haven't the energy left after work to get on him about doing more, or to do more myself, and I'm sorry for the whining and all but I have to get it off my chest or I'm going to explode. This is so far turning out to be a craptastic summer when it was supposed to be a good one, and I'm so tired already of it that I can hardly wait for the fall to get here, even if there's a few weeks of freezing my behind off because we likely won't get the woodstove in again this year, and may not have the funds for a couple more heaters till after he's getting paychecks again, and I have no idea how we're even going to manage to save up for the gas for him to get back and forth to work for the first couple of weeks till he's getting paid let alone get through the summer and pay all the bills ...

And that's a heck of a run-on sentence for me. You can tell I'm pretty worked up over all of this and not feeling so great about it all, and I really, really, really wish that things would improve, because it's going to take about 18 months to 2 years to pay that stupid thing off (nearly $8000). Heaven help me, I want this summer over so bad and it's barely even started.

With that said, I think I figured out what's going on with the links in the addendum from the last couple of weeks - Blogger likes to add extra stuff to the front of the link when I use the link widget. So I'm going to fix those by instead using a astore on Amazon In the meantime, hopefully this week will allow me to get out and do some stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment