Sunday, August 11, 2013

Still wet!

It's still very wet around here. We're getting tired of it. It's gotten to where absolutely nothing gets done outside, because you can't get a thing done for it either raining or being so soggy that you squelch along. It's a good thing for the farmers and ranchers around here; they'll get at least three good cuttings of hay, if not four from all this weather. If you've got a garden in, it's great, too - a  lot less watering to do. If you are clearing stuff out, not so good, because you can't get anything done, lol. Poor Quentin's bored as all heck, and is literally counting down the days till he rehires so he has SOMETHING to do besides TV and video games.

I'll be glad myself, so I can cut back on all this freaking overtime. I'd like to have time for myself, too. I did get quite a bit done in relax after supper time, even on my overtime days, in that my socks are getting some serious progress (I turned the heel on the one I've been working on, so that's some nice progress since I only have the foot and toe left on that one, then I can start the other one.), as well as that afghan. Though the afghan's been getting short-changed because I've been concentrating on the socks. I'm down to one pair of woolies to wear to work, and a mismatched pair at that, because the third pair got worn out and the mates to the two that are left have done a disappearing act. I don't mind wearing mismatched woolies, but they're different lengths and it's a bit odd, lol.

And we're house-hunting, even though we are nowhere NEAR to being able to buy a place. We like where we're at, but it's not likely we'll be able to buy it, and with recent events, we want to cut material ties to certain people as much as possible. Our landlords will still be our friends, but the wife of the couple is the daughter of my very-former best friend, and so it's a sad year or so while we put together a downpayment. So today's post has to be short, because I honestly have GOT to get things done as quick as possible - there's a place only about 12 miles from where we're at now that we want to go look at. I know, it's Sunday and the realtor won't be there with us, but we want to go peek in windows and walk about the place a bit and see what we can see.

Hugs all. I've got to load up books for you and dump a bunch of them that I just got to my kindle for pc and get my butt home. Ta!

Free Kindle books for this week

Remember that they may not be free when you get to them, but at the time I post them, they are. Have fun!




Stopping here today because I really need to get home so we can print off the directions to the one place nearby we want to see and get our butts over there. Ta, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment