Sunday, June 21, 2015

Father's Day Doings

It has been a week to remember. Overall, not too shabby, despite Grandma's ill health and the resultant family drama. I've lost a lot of family as friends on FB due to being willing to stand up for Grandma (someone has to) as much as I can, and that's kind of sad, but I'll live. As to work, it's gotten worse on my job, and I am busting tail to make sure I go in every day no matter how crappy I feel, so I can get my points down that little bit more and get to where I can transfer out of the department. I don't really want to, but the way things are being done now, it's just not workable. The department I want to go to is run by a supervisor that I get along well with, and the lead is pretty decent, too. So I should be okay. Just gotta shuffle through the next few weeks as best I can and get to that day when I can put in paperwork!

So I don't forget, Happy Father's Day to all the married dads, the stepdads (bless you for stepping up to the plate when you didn't HAVE to!), the single dads, and the single moms who act as dads. Good job, all of you!

Homestead-wise, things are booming. The garden is in full growth, and I am not kidding when I say it is a small jungle out there. I keep having to pick, sort and pack near daily on extras, and email my customers (mostly at work) as to what will be available so they can shoot me a want list from what I have. It usually takes four or five emails per person to get things straight, because I might have a lot of stuff, but I sell on first-come, first-served, and if I only have forty tomatoes and someone buys twenty, and someone else wants all of them, the second person is going to be a bit unhappy but they understand. I don't usually come home with much of anything leftover from folks not showing up to pick up and pay for their stuff, lol!!

The webstore/gift shop is filling up more. Today is the first day all week when I have had some serious time to get busy on it, and since the balance of the chores are done, other than going out later and tying up umpteen more tomatoes that are rapidly trying to outgrow their stakes, my day is done.

The sand fleas are miserable this year. It's been far too wet for ticks, as their egg sacs are getting drowned out, but the fleas ... oh my gosh, the fleas are awful. The cats are all indoors cats, but we do tend to drag a few in with us from outdoors on our clothes, and they are all infested now. If it's not ticks here, it's fleas. I'd rather the ticks, as they are easier to control. We spent close to $50 yesterday cleaning out Wal-Mart and three dollar stores of flea collars as well as a couple of packs of the liquid stuff, since Cocoa and Smudge are hard to catch and would be near impossible to collar. On the other hand, they hold still well for the drops, haha. The other cats, Bouncer and ten of the kittens, all got collars and their curiosity had them all getting collared in no time flat. The flea meds did make Cocoa sick up a bit (on the bed on hubby's side, no less - though I'm not sure it wasn't partly the heat and humidity as well), and Fuzzy also sicked up a tad. In her case, she somehow got her mouth OVER the collar and was chewing on it, so she got some of the flea powder in her system and it caused her to blow chunks for a few minutes. No side effects on any of them so far other than that, and both Fuzzy and Cocoa are behaving normally, so whatever caused them to sick up, they are fine now. But I do know of horror stories with this stuff, so I am watching them closely to make sure there are no issues.

Hugs and love, all ... I need a nap in this heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment