Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Not in good shape today

Even if you are not religious, folks, please pray, light a candle, think good thoughts, whatever feels right, for my Grandma Betty out in Oregon. She is my Mom's Mom. I just got a call from Mom to wake me up, to tell me that Grandma Betty went in the hospital this morning with bone cancer that has also apparently spread to her stomach. The prognosis does not look good and she is in a lot of pain. Worse, none of us can afford to go to the funeral, so our only goodbyes will be in the privacy of our hearts. I am grateful for one thing in this. My Mom is a wreck from it, which is understandable. I am grateful that for whatever reason the multiverse decreed, that my daughter had to move back home with Mom (long story that is hers to tell, not mine) just the other day, so Mom will have someone there with her to help her through this. I don't know when Grandma will pass, but I do know I am going to be a basket case myself for a few days. Thank goodness for bereavement time at work, though I will have to talk to my GPM, Jamie, and see how to prove she's my grandmother when I can't even go to the funeral. The usual procedure is to provide a copy of the little flyer from the funeral, but since I can't go, I am hoping a printout of the obituary will suffice. What a way to start the day. Hugs and love, all ... I think this morning will mostly be gaming instead of working on the business, so I can concentrate on something simple. Homesteading and home-based business just has to be back-burnered for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment