Sunday, March 6, 2016

While I have a few moments...

I will sit here and put together a quickie blog post, because tomorrow is going to be clear up and pack a bunch more stuff to go to the cabin, trash together and burnt, and plenty of work on the store as well as some relaxation time to catch up on my TV shows on Hulu. In the meantime, there are some photos to share with you!



This is the assessors plat photo of my land. The little square is approximately where the cabin is.


The cabin the day it was set up on Thursday. It is 12' x 32', so small at 384 square feet, but I can managet. I've lived in smaller, goodness knows, and not much bigger as well (400 square feet), so a tiny house is nothing. At least here I will have outside storage under the cabin if needed until I get a storage shed.


The cabin today, Saturday, now that long-term temporary cinder block stairs are in. Some lighting is in, in the form of extension cords with one end cut off and wired directly into outlet boxes for safety. The other end goes into the generator, of course, and I will use surge strips in the outlets to power what I need even more safely. Tomorrow, more things get moved (some tools and books are there already), and a porch light and some indoor lights will be installed. Insulation and paneling will happen once the move is complete. There is a long list of to-dos to do, including fencing off the garden, because apparently some neighbor has cattle that he just lets roam everywhere, including into this small section of private properties, because I found cow pies in my yard today. A full fence will go up someday, that is for certain. I do not want cattle coming along and trampling or eating my garden and trees!


Taken from the front corner of the cabin, looking back towards the creek. You can see how much clear land there is alone, never mind the creek and the bluff and the rest of the acreage above that which is my woodlot.


Finally, this is a baby blanket I am making in my sitting time (waiting in the truck to be willing to go in for work when the weather is warm, laundromat sitting, etc.), I grabbed a couple skeins of Bernat Baby Sport at the store a couple weeks ago, and this was the pattern. I still have six rows plus a couple motifs to do for the main part and then work in all the ends so I can do the border and finish it off. It is join-as-you-go, which makes it nice to work, since I do not have to keep track of a bunch of loose motifs, or sew them together later, which I hate doing anyhow. Yes, it will be for sale when it is done, and now I have the cabin porch railing to drape it over for taking sweet pictures in the sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment