Sunday, March 27, 2016

Moved and settling in

Moving was not easy. HE kept yelling and such about how this wasn't going right or that, or things were all goofy and nothing was where he wanted it. Well, he put it IN the cabin in the first place, so why didn't HE put it where HE wanted it? Tonight, the temporary shower stall went in (a camp shower stall) so there is privacy for showering and a quasi-bathroom.

Regular errands got run today, a good deal of things are set up though once HE bails (which will likely be in a year or so, the way HE is talking), I will have a good bit more space. All the clothes are put up. Why a man needs eight pairs of shorts and nearly 35 t-shirts is beyond me. HE even has, kid y'all not, at LEAST three DOZEN pairs of socks. I have a dozen t-shirts, a dozen pairs of socks, and no shorts. HE has six pairs of jeans. I have one with another soon to be ordered so I have a spare. For someone who swears HE can "downsize," HE sure kept an awful lot of stuff, including a second TV, a VCR and a bunch of VHS tapes which HE never watches.

I won't mind being alone here when the time comes. Quiet, barring the traffic sounds from the road. However, the main road being close is good, as it means I can draw in traffic for the extra garden produce and crafts sales when that time comes.

My side of the bed is well-organized. I know which totes and boxes have what in them. HIS side is a disaster. Getting over there to put away HIS laundry involved stepping over a lot of things and hoping I didn't fall.

Weather is starting to clear up. MAYBE next weekend I can start to do some planting!

In the meantime, I am still working on the baby blanket, and am done with the motifs and am on round three of eight of the border. Pretty soon, I will be finishing it off and working in all the ends so I can photograph it and put it up for sale. More things are going up in the stores, a little at a time, and lots of stuff is being promoted on my Etsy groups. As every order gets a business card for the main shop, I am hoping to draw more traffic there and to my other shops.

I am now putting things up also on Bonanza again, starting to sell on eBay (haven't sold there for years, just bought occasionally), and also on Amazon. For those interested in my links, they are:

Homestead Crafter - Main webstore
Homestead Crafter on Facebook - for the latest items in the shops
Homestead Crafter on Etsy
Bountiful Farm/Homestead Crafter on Bonanza
Homestead Crafter on Amazon
Homestead Crafter/Cross R Ranch on eBay

So I am off to watch a little Hulu, work on the stores and enjoy myself. Especially since I had two sales this past week, which is pretty good for me. Now to get MORE sales all over the place, yee-haw!

No comments:

Post a Comment