Sunday, April 3, 2016

Trying to relax

But it's difficult for a couple of reasons.

The most prominent is the gennie. Only two weeks into off-grid living, and it's popping while running. Runs smooth for a bit, then popopopop, and so forth. Probably just nothing, considering I didn't find anything negative to speak of online. Might just need a new spark plug and the carburetor cleaned. HE says he can do small engine repair, but who knows. HE says it ran rough a few days ago when HE took a day off work because HE "was sick." (Playacting. I've seen better out of the kids when they were little and trying to get out of school.) Guess I just have to live with it till he kills it and then no power for anything until a new gennie can be gotten or a small solar system gotten, which could be MONTHS the way HE spends money.

The other difficulty is my mother. Not that she's awful or anything, but she called me early yesterday. Someone cut her off in traffic and she swerved to miss them and ended up rolling her car. She is lucky she didn't get hurt other than a strained ankle and some bumps and bruises. Due to her age, the hospital kept her overnight for observation. She's home now but no car and nothing seems to be going right for her.

HE was a nightmare today, as usual. The wind was blowing and HE was trying to build some kind of gennie shelter a bit better, and cussing up a storm. HE never asked for help, said HE should n't have to ask, I should just know HE needed it. Right, I'm psychic now, too.

This is what he built:


The cords get our power to the cabin.


Making it taller so HE can walk in upright for filling the gennie.


That's as finished as the frame is going to get.


HE is covering it with tarps for shelter.


Butterscotch sleeping on HIS side of the bed. His head is to the left of his upright leg. HOW do cats manage to sleep like that?


I planted yellow iris here by the left front corner of the porch as you are looking at the front of the cabin.


Next to that, I planted some Angel Trumpet.



Out back, I dumped these out.


Two kinds of sunflowers on the highway side of the house.


Other things plants along the side of the house along with the sunflowers. Rudbeckie, something called Hopi with really tiny, round seeds, and two kinds of Coreopsis (Striped and Cosmic Eye) that had been given me in a seed swap a couple years ago, We shall see if they grow.


This is all the other flowers I have yet to plant. Things like two kinds of Alyssum, Bachelor's Buttons, two kinds of Marigolds, Zinnias, a couple types of Cosmos, and I have no idea what all else. That doesn't even BEGIN on the veggies.


The inside of the half circle drive that is being driven down. I want to put the rest of the flowers here. HE wants to put a patio - in full sun!


The smarter choice for a patio spot is  here, next to the cabin and the trees. Fairly level and lots of shade.


A slug I saw crawling on the side of the gennie shelter.


I filled the pot to heat water for my shower and spilled a little water on the floor. HE griped about "the mess" and said HE wasn't cleaning it up. Not that I had asked him to, but the attitude and tone were not fun.


As for messes, this is my side of the bed. Notice there is no trash on the floor. The white things by the trash can are my extra liners for work.

Then there is HIS side of  the bed. Who knows what is in the piles and the bags. There's a pile of trash there, too, that I had to sweep up because he won't put a trash can over there. HE is all about how HE won't clean my my messes, even though I don't ask HIM to, but I am expected to clean HIS. It's "women's work," apparently. And what did HE do before we got married, I would like to know?

No comments:

Post a Comment