Sunday, July 28, 2013

Crazy week

This week, quite simply, has been a crazy train wreck. It started with my finding out something that doesn't make me happy, and which I refuse to speak of in detail. Suffice it to say that it's very personal, it's lost me my best friend, and nearly cost me my marriage, but was not my fault. Seriously, I know a lot of people would say they had nothing to do with it, but I didn't. It involves an at LEAST 3 1/2-year-old grudge on the part of said former best friend, who has held it so long that she finally decided to try to break up my marriage, and nearly succeeded. The good thing is, Quentin and I love each other, fought it out, made up and realized that this major hump has made our marriage even stronger than it was before. We got through this, so nothing else can be anywhere near as bad as this has been.

In other news, we've managed to get a lot more cleanup done this week. Actually, Quentin's done it, and goodness knows, I will be so happy when he finally gets back to work so I can stop doing all this overtime that leaves me no time for much of anything. It's exhausting to work so much, get so little done, and not really get ahead any. It's amazing how much doesn't get done, overall, but how  much you can get done in bits and pieces, with a few minutes here and there.

Like knitting on a pair of socks for myself again. Yes, I use magic loop method (one long cable needle for the sock), because I tend to have issues with double-points when I have to stop on a sock as much as I have lately.


The magic loop method helps me out a lot so that I don't have to keep restarting the sock, or even just spend time picking up stitches and hoping like mad that I don't miss one. I did finish up this model for a preemie pattern I'm working on, too.


I have all the photos I want for that pattern taken and all, I just need to get them into the file, and save it as a PDF so I can offer it up. As with all my other individual patterns, It's a whopping dollar US, lol. No, I ain't gonna get rich off my patterns, but they're a lot of fun.

I'm working very, very slowly on a series of Bible study books that I want to get published for the Kindle, but have to look up info on that as far as how to do it and costs and such. I'm no theologian, just a plain ole layperson, but back home, my Wednesday morning Bible Study group did a book by book hashout of the Bible over the course of a couple of years. It was pretty interesting, in that we'd take a few chapters a week, read a few verses, and then spend a few minutes discussing what those verses were really talking about. How did those people feel, we thought, what were they going through, all that. I've been tossing this idea around for quite a while, and finally made the plunge to start the actual writing. No, they won't be free, other than for promotions, but I don't think $1.99 each is going to kill anybody's budget. I'm working it as one Bible book to a book in the series. I'd do the books of the Catholic Bible that aren't in the KJV as well, except that the Catholics are a lot more protective of their Bible than the Protestants are, as far as copyrights and such. That's a LOT of work to get done, overall.

Let's see. We also grew some cat grass for the boys that lasted all of a day once it was grown enough to let them at it. We had a blast watching them tear into it, though it was mostly Bouncer that ate any of it.


And then had a blast tearing it out of the bowl it was sitting in so it could stay watered.


Quentin's big thing the last few days, when the weather's cooperated, has been to work on painting the trailer.


There he is sitting on the tongue of the thing, and here's the rear view.


He wants to still add fenders and extend the tongue so he can put a tool box or spare tire on there. It's a long ways from being what he considers "done."

And that's the news for this week! Happy homesteading!

FREE BOOKS FOR THIS WEEK

Mind, some might be ones I've posted before. I've lost track a bit, lol!




NOT-FREE BOOK

At this point in time, these aren't free, and do not necessarily have Kindle editions. I know, I'm awful big on Kindle books, but when you can carry 6000 books around in a ten-pound laptop, you're doing really well. Heh heh heh. So here's a bunch of not-free-right now books that are homestead helpful.

4 comments:

  1. For the first part, good for you.What is it with people always wanting what you got? I love reading the bible,enuff said. Your kittie is so cute and bet they had fun uh? Quentins wagon mmm more boy toys (snickering).Have you read my blog?,We are MOVING finally!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I saw your post. That is so great that you guys got a place you want! We are starting the hunt thought it's likely to be six months to a year before we have enough for a good downpayment. For us, we pay everything by debit card or preferably cash, so our credit scores are in the toilet. But we refuse to buy on credit or get a credit card. That interest we'd shell out can be put to better use elsewhere!!! I am so glad for you guys that the paperwork went through. SO amazing!!!!!! And your house looks great!

      Delete
    2. Oh should add, Amanda, it's not that my former best friend wanted what I've got, she just didn't want me to have it, nor did she really want it either. She was just trying to get back at me for a well over three-year-old grudge, where I supposedly "stabbed her in the back," yet she won't tell me what I supposedly did. Oh well, her loss, not ours. We have each other, and other good friends, and the kitties. Don't need someone toxic like that around, right?

      Delete
    3. Oh yeah Im telling ya.Been there done that and dang sure don't want that go around again! When someone holds a grudge they are psychologically(yeah I didn't spell it right) damaged hee hee.

      Delete