Sunday, July 21, 2013

Which is it, hot and dry or wet and cold?

I do wish the weather here would make up its mind the last few days. *grin* We do need the rain, but these tremendous downpours are getting a bit ridiculous. Our windows tend to leak some, so most of our towels get used to block the rain leaking in, then hung on the clothesline just long enough to dry before they get soaked by the rain again. It's getting a bit silly. Right now, as I type this, it is pouring buckets here in Harrison, and I have a feeling I'm going to get pretty soaked when I go from here to the car to the neighboring Wally World to get a few minor things we forgot yesterday, and then back to the car to go home. What a day.

We're getting some small things done around the property, in hopes that we can buy it eventually, but if not, we'll likely start looking for a place to buy in the next six months or so. We don't want to put a lot of time and effort and money into a place we're just renting, even though we can, without the guarantee in writing that we can buy it, too. It's going to mean lots of overtime for me to pay off a couple of bills and Quentin will get plenty all on his own from working second shift once he's back to work (17 weeks to go till he can apply for rehirs, and counting down!). So with two solid incomes coming in, bills paid off within a few more months, and plenty coming in to put back for a downpayment, we might be able to buy something reasonably nice. We know what we want for features, and what our price range is, so you can bet I'm looking NOW to see what is out there and might be in a while. Let's face it, it's a good market to buy right now, home sales are soaring in plenty of metro places, but out-county? It's still hard to get the place to sell. Around here, house prices have been plummeting from 4.5% to 21.3% below what they were a year ago, according to Zillow. The only area that's gone up recently around Green Forest was neighboring Berryville, which is also the county seat.

I've found a few places we're looking at, and if we could get any one of them as a land contract with nothing down but the first payment, we'd probably take it in a heartbeat if it met our other criteria. I'm printing the realty pages to PDF files (I love CutePDF writer for this stuff) and taking things home to show the hubster. He gets excited looking, same as me, and seeing what is available, so we can narrow down what we really  have to have in a place (the list is pretty short already), so yeah, we're excited. We don't like the idea of moving, we love where we're at, but if we can't buy it, there's  not a lot of point to putting tons of time and effort in here. (Oh wait, I already said that, lol.)

In the meantime, I am working hard on links for recommended products pages for when the website is up and goes live (hopefully, Dish will get DishNet to us soon, I'm tired of hauling my butt to McDonald's even though it works), so I can do all the things I WANT to do much easier. I am still amazed that there is so  much to be done, and I have to break it down a little at a time, into teeny chunks so that things get done and lit looks like I'm accomplishing something, because there are days I feel like I'm getting nowhere.

Like my socks I'm knitting. I've finally managed to get halfway down the legs on them, doing them two at a time on two long circulars, but oh my goodness, it's taking forever with all the overtime I'm putting in. But bills gotta get paid somehow, and with only one income, and a quarter of that going to that stupid garnishment which I can't wait to get paid off, there's not a lot of time for me to do much of anything. I'll have a bit more time once hubby's back to work, since I can cut back the overtime some, just not all of it, and get more done at home.

Lately, Quentin's doing a lot of small stuff with the weedwhacker which he loves, and clearing up a lot of wood for the wood pile. That's about all the crazy weather is letting him get done, because he no sooner gets started, then it starts to cloud up and rain. He keeps going till it starts to sprinkle or whatever, but it's a bit annoying to NOT get things done that need doing to keep the place looking at least reasonably liveable. He is getting some work done on his trailer, in that he's painting the wood "banner red." I talked him into paint rather than spray cans, because with the breezes we've been having, it's a bit silly to spray paint it and have half the paint on the trees and ground rather than the trailer!!

So that's pretty much it for this week. Have fun folks, I'm busy as all heck with doing what I can, and hopefully I'll have some pictures soon of ongoing projects. Oh yeah, for those who asked, I do have a couple of patterns for sale that are ready to go. Paypal buttons here, I'll email the PDF files when I'm next online and get the order emails. Sorry it'll be a few days on them yet, but once the website's going, it'll be instant delivery!

This is the Reborn Baby Doll or Preemie Layette, in crochet.



And this one is the Two-Piece Fashion Doll Swimsuit and Coverup. I apologize ahead of time, the pictures with them are NOT the greatest and I really need to make time to redo the photos. Ugh. Yeah, right, yet another thing on the to-do list from h-e-double-toothpicks, lol.



NEW BOOKS

This is the new books from Amazon that are homestead-related, or cookbooks (yes, I know, I'm big on cookbooks, lol). Have fun. Please do note that some may no longer be free when you get to them. They were free when I got them, but you know how freebies are. Have fun!




Ok, I think that's all of them for this week. Whew, what a bunch again!

No comments:

Post a Comment