Thursday, May 7, 2015

I need a break here

Not going to get anything much done today, any more than I did yesterday, because hubby is in such a rush to get out the door. Yesterday, it was to go look at a different vehicle after limping the truck to the guy we got it from, as it was going to trade straight across towards whatever else we could get that would stay running. In this case, it turns out to be another van. We'll finish up paperwork today and moving all of hubby's junk from the truck to the van. Turns out after all we did to try and figure out what was wrong with it, it was all that other stuff, too, but now the computer is going out and that is just more than the truck is worth to fix. So now we will have two new-used vehicles up here.

I need to have time and peace and quiet (maybe tomorrow or next week, ha!) to call our bank and find out what they can do in the way of first-time homebuyer's mortgage when we have no downpayment money. The credit union partnered with the plant will give us $10K for a downpayment on a first-time homebuyer's mortgage through them if we qualify for a mortgage, so we can buy a place and get off this freakin' mountain. I love it here but I am a bit old for hacking out a house from the wilderness and want a few amenities these days, ya know? I would rather urban or semi-urban homestead and than carve one out. Problem is, hubby has no credit score and mine is in the low 500s, because we do not have credit cards, do not buy on credit, pay all our bills in full, or buy outright with saved-up cash or the debit card. This is apparently NOT the kind of lifestyle you are supposed to have if you want a bank to loan you money. You are apparently supposed to live well beyond your means, wondering if a financial collapse would leave you in the lurch. But there will be someone out there who will prequal us, I know. I just have to find it first.

Kitten update. Thanks to Fuzzy and Junior for being so fuzzy and wiggly. Apparently those two boys are girls, which I discovered last night. BIG for girls, too, and very tomboyish kittens, so with behavior and size and them not cooperating, is it any wonder they got mis-sexed? Hubby asked if I got Butterscotch's gender right, so I just pointed his butt at hubby, lifted his tail and said, "What do you think?" Hubby said, "Yep, there's his little kitty cazapas!" So my first trip to the low-cost clinic with girls to get spayed will have three instead of two, and the next two trips will have two each, and THEN I can start in on the boys. I want to get the girls done first to ensure no babies from babies.

Anyhow, time to do what I can before hubby goes aroud rushing out the door and trying to make me hustle, too, when he knows I do not like doing that. Hugs and love all, let's hope today goes well so I can get my work done again without worrying about HIS schedule on top of mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment