Monday, May 11, 2015

Ugh, still wet

It is going to be a miserable few weeks, weather-wise. I get a whopping three days of drying out, which is not nearly enough to get the road in driveable condition, and then another week of off and on thunderstorms. Yay, me. That means it will be about three weeks down the road before I can drive up the road again. That also means daily stops at the dollar store and/or grocery store in town for small groceries and some extra cat food, and I will have to fill about four jugs of water every day and haul those up at night with my lunch bag and whatever I get during the day, in the cart. I do not expect much help in this from hubby, as he has already gotten tempermental about it, griping quite a bit. Looks like it will all be on me, as usual.

The road is in such bad shape right now that I heard someone trying to come up earlier this morning in a 4x4, and it sounded like they got stuck anyhow, in the mud. Ooooops. That is going to be a nasty tow bill if they can not get loose. Good thing I have my walking stick and ice/mud cleats. I will get some great leg muscles out of this the next few weeks, that is for sure! Neighboring Alpena had warnings out that all their low water bridges were to be considered dangerous through at least noon today, as many are flooded out. So folks on dead-end roads with no 4x4 are SOL. If those low-water bridges get water over them, you can bet it will be fast-flowing and most folks are not getting over without 4x4 and likely also a winch. Even then, it would be tricky and quite dangerous, as well as stupid, to try to get aross.

But I did get quite a bit done yesterday, despite the weather knocking internet out off and on. Loads of needlework, and plenty done on the store, so it was not a total waste. Chores are already done for the day, so if it were not for having to go to work, I could relax and say the heck with it, work on what I want, and just enjoy the day. But duty calls, and that means hustling my butt to finish up what I can before I have to go hiking down that muddy awful road to the car and get my happy behind to work. Hugs and love, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment