Monday, March 3, 2014

Hooo boy!

Weather is continuing to be freaking cold. Temps are barely in the teens and I'm not thrilled with the plant not closing tomorrow as well. I grant, it will be much warmer and all, but there's a lot of us who don't have 4x4 and won't be able to get to work. I might be able to ride with Eric if he takes his mother-in-law's 4x4, but if not, I will likely have to take the day off due to the mountain road. It's near impassable again with close to four inches of sleet frozen onto it and they haven't plowed it yet. We shall see.

Quentin doesn't want to worry about ditching the van again, because even with chains on the rear drive wheels, there's always that chance when there's this much ice on the road. I don't like him taking a point, but at least he's off probation so he has points to use for that. I wouldn't like taking a point myself tomorrow, because I've only got to get through the end of this week and I get a point back, but better safe than sorry. Short checks are not fun, when you have bills to pay and gas to get and groceries to get and such, but it's better that than having to spend a bunch of money on a tow bill to get out of a ditch, or worse, not being able to get out or wrecking the vehicle.

We did get the vehicles out, though, and the deck/stairs cleared. If they plow the road, Quentin's promised to get the front of the drive cleared, so that's something I won't have to do. AND I just heard from Eric. I'll have to be up super-early because he wants to be on the road by six, which means I have to be up by about 5AM (two hours early, ugh), but if we can get out with his MILs 4x4, we are off to work. Quentin gave him a couple of beers to haul home with him in thanks, so I have a ride. Eric, it seems, really doesn't want to have to take a day off, either. He's only got one point left to spare with all this craptastic weather we've had, so he almost has to go in, like it or not. Me, I want to get the hours (and therefore the money) and get a point back rather than burning one. Most of us would rather have points to spare than not ... it's easier to deal with work knowing if you NEED to desperately, you can take a day off, rather than saying oh gosh, I have got to go in no matter what for a month.

So now it's time to do some Kindle freebies, online money making and some knitting. I'm going to have fun relaxing the night away before I have to be up at the ungodly hour I do to get to work on time ... hugs all, till I have time to write again!

KINDLE FREEBIES

Homegrown Humus: Cover Crops in a No-till Garden (Permaculture Gardener)
Pickle It!
Simple Recipes for Easy Homemade Face Scrubs and Body Exfoliants (All Natural Cosmetics)
Natural Essential Oils and Aromatherapy For Beginners
Food Storage and Emergency Bread Guide: Methods and Tips about Food Storage and Making Bread without an Oven
Aromatherapy: Essential Oils and Healing
Beekeeping Buzz: The Beginning Beekeepers Guide to Their First Hive
The Greenhorn's Guide to Chainsaws and Firewood Cutting

No comments:

Post a Comment