Thursday, March 27, 2014

Trashy trashy burny burny!

Today wasn't a firewood day. Today was a "since I cleaned up enough wood laying around to expose more junky, nasty trash, I need to haul it to the burn pit and light it off" day. So that's what I did when I got home. It isn't much, but it makes a bigger difference than you would think. Still haven't heard on my shift transfer at work yet, but that will come along I am sure. Hopefully tomorrow, assuming my supervisor remembers to look at his mailbox! Even my lead (boss), Anne, is asking me now if I've heard. Not a peep, and it's irritating. Ah well.

Internet income is slowly coming up. This month, it's up to around $90. Not too shabby. Too bad everything I do holds back payment a month, lol. It's not much but it would be nice to have on hand pretty quick. Gosh, just had to turn the little radiator heater off in here, it's that hot. (Quentin turned it on for some reason after I left for work and didn't turn it off again ... now it's so hot in here, I'm sweating, whew!) Right now, it's in the mid 60sF outside, but we've got more clouds rolling in, so I guess it's a good thing the mini fire of trash is pretty well out.

The fire pit I built works out great for the bigger stuff, or for burning brush, or big piles of the last tenant's trash that was all left behind. Those of you who have been around for the whole journey remember the pictures of what the place looked like originally, and it wasn't pretty. Several months, and I do mean MONTHS of cleaning had to happen for this place to become liveable, and that was just the house. The property itself is another kettle of fish, being tackled about 25 square feet at a time. Clear the brush and scrub and kudzu from a 5' x 5' space, then pick up all the big trash, then rake it up for all the small stuff. Ugh, ugh, ugh. And there are still 4 1/2 acres to do all the cutting on, but thankfully, only about half to three-quarters of an acre left that actively got trashed to clean up as well.

We have made arrangements that even if we move out of here, we can still come back to cut brush and trees and such for firewood as long as we clean the mess up while we are at it. For free firewood access, I'm all for it. Heck, some of the stuff we cut down originally two summers ago is already grown back enough that I have to cut it back again, it's nearly two inches across again already, and tall as well, so there's several good small logs in the recutting. Heh heh heh. Them trees is coming DOWN. And eventually going up - in smoke.

So, anyhow, books. I'm pooped and it's going to be an early bedtime for me. See you all later!

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST


Soulful Gardening: 52 Weekly Tips for Getting the Most from Your Garden
Rhubarb, the Pie Plant
Herbal Tea Recipes: Refreshingly Quick, And Easy to Make Tea Recipes That Are Healing, Nutritious, Relaxing, and Energizing!
Soap Made Easy: An Easy Introduction to Making All-Natural Soap From Scratch
Keeping Chickens: A Beginner's Guide
Homemade Cheese - The Ultimate Recipe Guide
Slouchy Hat Knitting Pattern

No comments:

Post a Comment