Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Rough day

It has been a crazy day. Work was good, and I had plans to get a lot done when I got home, but as usual around "spring forward" time, I have to force my internal clock to reset by shorting myself a bit on sleep for a few days until I'm so exhausted after three or four days that I'm falling asleep over dinner, so I can go to bed an hour or so earlier than usual. This helps me to get to sleep at a "reasonable" hour, so I can sleep well and wake up on time. Does anybody else have to do this? Or am I just a bit of a goof with this?

On top of that, Quentin's teeth were hurting him so bad tonight that we had to make a whiskey run after I got home. I don't generally approve of alcohol in the house, but Jim Beam Devil's Cut is a lot cheaper than a doctor bill and a lot more effective when it's just a rough toothach. Once he gets a chance to get a dentist to look at things and prep him for dentures, it will be better. But that costs a boatload of money we haven't got right now. So it's treat and wait. So a few swigs of that and he is as potted as a plant. I told him a rather lame joke a bit ago and he thought it was funny as all heck, so he's just plain blotto. Better he miss work and get gassed, than to try to go to work and hope he can stand the pain and do his job.

And what am I doing homesteading wise? I'm still working on the online income stuff. It's picking up a bit at a time, which is great! I'm working like mad on some knitting projects and on writing up some of those old patterns of mine so I can get busy selling them, too. I've got a few books in the works, but as they are non-ficition, it doesn't matter if they get out in a reasonable amount of time or not. I am in the middle of spring cleaning and have a lot to get done outdoors. Chime in and tell us all what you are doing!

So anyhow, I'm pooped, and it's time for books, and then I'm headed to an early bedtime. Night all!

KINDLE FREEBIES FOR TODAY


Backyard Chickens Book Package: Beginner's Guide to Raising Backyard Chickens & The Backyard Chickens Breed Guide (Modern Homesteading)
Fermenting vol. 2: Fermented Beverages
Organic Gardening: Your Guide to Growing Healthy Organic Produce
How to Clean Your House - 201 Great House Cleaning Ideas and Tips For Busy Moms - I dunno bout you guys, but with MY busy life, if I can get a few tips out of this that will work for me, I'm all for it.
Organic Gardening - Growing Delicious Food The Natural Way (The Best Gardening Tips For A Healthy Life)
Minimalist Living Now: Decluttering And Organizing Your Home In A Weekend
13 Easy Culinary Herbs To Grow In Containers
Crockpot Recipes: 24 Extremely Delicious, Easy, Cheap, Family Slow Cooker Dinners-Amazing Crockpot Recipes You Won't Believe Came Out Of A Slow Cooker ... Slow Cooker Recipes, Crock Pot Recipes,)
The Survivalist Cookbook - Recipes for Preppers
International Slow Cooker Recipes - 50 Easy, Healthy, and Delicious Recipes for Slow Cooked Meals
Quinoa Power: 31 mouthwatering quinoa recipes using the most amazing superfood on the planet!
The Vegetable Container Gardening Guide: How to Grow Food in a Container Garden
How To Compost, Composting Guide With F.A.Q. includes Vermicomposting & Bokashi Compost: Composting Made Easy, Step By Step
Dehydration and Drying for Beginners:The Easy and smart ways to preserve food naturally
Kentucky Dirt: A practical guide to vegetable gardening
Making Soap From Scratch: From Bar Soaps to Liquid Soaps, You Will Never Run Out!
Raised Bed Gardening: How to Build a Raised Bed Garden
Raised Bed Gardening System: A book on soil, irrigation, designs and ideas for growing vegetables (Vegetable Gardening)
The Aromatherapy & Essential Oils Handbook
Food Canning: How To Safely Preserve Foods
Food Drying vol. 1: How to Dry Fruit

No comments:

Post a Comment