Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Rainy day

And I'm okay with it. It was threatening here when I left work, and the newscast on the breakroom TV was saying it was already raining to the west of us in Fayetteville, so I knew by the time I got home, it wasn't very likely I'd get much, if anything, done outside today. I was right. It was sprinkling when I got home, and the yard light was already on, so that ended that idea! And as I finished up supper, and started to write this, the rain started to drum on the roof. But it's fine, I have a lot of things to catch up on indoor anyhow. There's some knitting to do, my book to work on, those pots to wash, some stuff to root out and get up on the local Facebook yard sale groups, and most importantly, call my Mom.

We talk every week or so and tonight's a good night for it. I'm not over tired, it's raining, and it gets me out of household chores for about an hour, lol. Seriously, I love my Mom and talking to her is sometimes the high point of my week. She is 66 now and I know enjoys our calls as much as I do. We talk about EVERYTHING. People I remember from back home, changes that have happened, stuff my daughter Amber is up to, stuff I'm up to, and anything that strikes our fancy. So you can imagine it is kind of important to us to talk regularly.

I did have to make a stop on the way home at the grocer's, because we were out of butter. The lady in front of me was buying all kinds of JUNK "food" - aka, stuff that wasn't really food. I kid you not, she bought about $40 worth of nothing but ice cream! Argh! And then she's standing there griping how her kids and her are "so fat." Well, how about cutting back on the junk, it might help! Reminds me of the gal in front of us at WalMart last weekend. She didn't have enough to get everything she had in her cart, so she had to put some stuff back. What does she keep? You guessed it, the junk food that has absolutely NO nutritional value at all. What does she put back? If you guessed the meat and canned fruits/veggies, ring-a-ding-ding, we have a winner, folks! If I'd had the money to spare, I would have paid for her to have the other stuff, just so she would have some decent food. It about made me want to cry and then throw  up.

I just don't understand how some people can consider all that stuff as "food." It's not even food, for heaven's sake, it's bleeding well air and some seasonings and a lot of chemicals for color and "flavor" and no real food to speak of in it at all. Then they laugh because I'm getting things like flour, sugar, salt, herbs and spices, butter, shortening, oil, fruits, veggies, etc. They wonder what I can do to make that edible. "Here, get some of this Name Brand Yucky Fake Pasta Inna Can! It's got meat and stuff in it, that means it's healthy!" *rolls eyes* Please, someone just shoot me and put me out of my misery with these folks, will ya? It's no wonder the world has gone to H**l in a handbasket with the food supply, because people just have no clue where food comes from or what real food is.

Which reminds me - real food for dinner tonight as always, haha. I mentioned supper, and you are probably wondering what in heck I managed this time. Chicken alfredo with veggies - julienned a carrot, threw in a handful of broccoli florets, and added a bit of red bell pepper for color and flavor. Om nom nom nom. Quentin better be careful. This stuff is so good, he might not get any, lol.

So anyhow, tonight is a short missive, because I have something really super important to do, and need to get to it as soon as I can. Hugs, till next time.

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST


Healthy Crock Pot Recipes: Easy Delicious and Healthy Crock Pot Recipes Your Family Will Love (The Best Healthy Recipes)
Paleo Italian Slow Cooker Cookbook Quick & Easy Slow Cooker Meals For Busy Women
Slow Cooker Dessert Recipes - 30 Simple and Easy Slow Cooker Dessert Recipes (Slow Cooker Desserts, Slow Cooker Dessert Recipes, Crock Pot Desserts, Slow Cooker Recipes Quick and Easy)
Companion Container Gardening: Using Easy Companion Planting Techniques to Get More from Your Small Space (Organic Gardening Beginners Planting Guides)
Camping Recipes: Foil Packet Cooking
Slow Cooker Chicken, Pork, Beef & Beans Soup Recipes - 35 BEST CROCK-POT RECIPES WITH PICTURES
Backyard Chickens Book Package: The Backyard Chickens Handbook and The Backyard Chickens Breed Guide (Modern Homesteading)
Unusual Medicinal Herbs (Herbal Medicine from Your Garden or Windowsill) - What I find interesting is the gal who gave it 3 stars because it wasn't "practical" for her at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment