Saturday, April 11, 2015

BUSY Saturday!!!

Boy, has it been busy. Let me see ... in order ...

Race Brothers for sawdust for the composting toilet.
Lunch at the Chinese place.
Wally World - needed some small electrical stuff, plus finally found some tomato starts in good shape. Race Brothers had some that had just been delivered that day and they were kind of wilty. I got one 3" pot with a German Queen (pink) and a six-pack of Red Beefsteak. As always with me, heirloom. I really wanted some more Arkansas Travelers from Race Brothers, but they were either pricey for well-grown or rather limp (good stems but leaves limp), so I will try to start some from the seed I saved last year and see what happens.
Laundry
Water jugs filled.

All of it hauled home, unloaded and brought indoors, but now I am pretty wiped. Time to relax a bit before doing more than putting away the few groceries we got (mostly for the cats ... gotta feed the zoo crew!). I am so thrilled that I did find some good starts, so I will at least have some tomatoes for munching later this year. Did a bit of embroidery while at the laundromat, and did a bit of crocheting before we left while hubby loaded the truck up with laundry and water jugs.

We also got a cat toy for the zoo crew. It's two ramps that face opposite directions, with carpeted and sisal-covered areas for scratching, a solid carpeted base, and in the top of the ramps, hanging from the bottom of the angle, are two feather toys. The feathers are already disappearing. Kittens are playing those to death and growling at the feathers! It is hysterical. For $25, it is cheap entertainment!!!!

Hugs and love, all. I need some cheap entertainment, some needlework time while hubby and I watch a movie for "date night," and to get some work done on my store!

No comments:

Post a Comment