Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Raining today

And the truck is down this week due to oil pressure isses. The issue can not be effectively tracked down till this weekend, and is likely one of several things. More than likely, it is the oil pressure sending unit, which will not be easy to fix in terms of getting at it, as it is on the back of the block behind the distributor. To the good on that, it is apparently a fairly easy fix, just will take some time. Hubby also wants to replace plugs, plug wires and oil pump just in case they are worn, plus oil treatment and such to be safe. After all, it is an older truck (2001 Dodge Ram 1500) and who knows what has been done to it before we got it used.

My little car, on the other hand, was bought brand new at the dealer, and I am the only person to really ever have driven it. I am a generally careful driver, but the car has a fairly minor issue as well. It is "only" the front rotors. I have rear drums on the buggy, so that is not the cause of the shaking when braking. It is simply the front rotors are worn, and likely brake pads as well. At least I married a mechanic so I do not have to pay someone a small fortune to fix it all, and the car is more or less safely driveable for a while yet.

But it will all be getting fixed in the next few weeks on both vehicles to minimize any damage to them. Truck this weekend, car in a week or two. Thank goodness for a husband with tools and know how on how to fix things. So likely, y'all will not hear from me tomorrow. With only one truly safely working vehicle, we have to make a parts run to Harrison before work tomorrow, and that means not hopping online at all before work. Yikes! I will have internet withdrawal, haha.

Not really, as I have a ton of needlework projects I could easily haul with me to that and work to keep busy with prior to starting shift. But it sure will be nice not to have to go in one of these days. The more I do on things around here, the closer that day gets. I got quite a little bit done on the stamped cross-stitch baby quilt I took with me yesterday, and I only had about half an hour to work on it after we got there, parked and I visited the nurse's station, then ate.

Why the nurse's station, ye may ask? Because I tripped over a cat yesterday (Bouncer) on the way to close windows before work. It was going to be chilly, but only enough to have windows closed, when we got home. I ended up slamming my right hand on the back of the couch, and bent the nail on my social finger backwards. HOLY CRAP THAT HURT! It bent about a quarter inch BEHIND the blasted quick, so I had to go trim it off fast to the quick to relieve pressure. Still ended up bleeding a little bit, so had to see the nurse for a bandage and finger cot (we all call them finger condoms because they look like little blue condoms and go on the same way) so I could safely work and have a bit of padding on the fingertip. Still hurts like a bugger if I bash it, and I will have to clip it back more when it grows out some, but I did have the pleasure of being able to joke yesterday about giving people the "blue bird of happiness" all day. Amused some people to no end. Heard "Where's my blue bird?" all day long!

So, anyhow, time to go get my happy butt ready for work. Ugh. NOT so happy, but it is only for a while longer, and then I can bid to get away from my current supervisor while making more money. Plus work on getting the store going more, which is always fun! Time-consuming, but fun as all heck!!!!! Hugs and love, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment