Thursday, April 2, 2015

Dogwoods in bloom

It is that time of year again. The dogwoods are in bloom, and so are my sinuses. The weather is gorgeous for the most part. Work went smoothly last night with few major issues, but I am still tired. The job is wearing me down, and as I am trying to work off enough points in a row to go on the cone lines where the pace is somewhat slower and I can go to a line away from my current supervisor, it is aggravating my fibro. One of these days, I have a feeling I will flare out bad. Such is the life of homesteading with disabilities, when you have to have an off-farm job to pay the bills for a few years.

On brighter notes! I took Mom's lap quilt with me to work on before work, and finally got the last of the edge seaming done! So it can go in the wash this weekend to get the stamped pattern out of it, and next week can get shipped. I will take photos once it is washed and fluffy so you can all see it. I also got a shock last night.

Tinkerbell, as many of you know, got out a few weeks ago and I have not seen her since. I think something got her, and since we live in the woods on a mountainside, there are a lot of things that could have gotten her, least among them a red-tailed hawk, bobcats, and timber rattlers. If she wandered far enough, one of the neighbors has some mean dogs that are known cat-killers. But Raffles shows no interest in the outdoors, not even window sitting.

The surprise has been the last few days. She comes up to me whenever I am eating and tries to snag some of my food. I have been putting out a finger for her to sniff and seeing if she would let me pet her, but that is as far as it has gotten until last night. She was close enough that I made a grab and held and petted her. I left my grip loose but supportive, so that if she wanted to leave, she could. Instead, she sat there and let me pet her for several mintues. Not fully relaxed, but not completely tense, either. Later, she let me hold her again for a couple of minutes. And when I went to bed, big shocker. She curled up next to me for a while! Not touching me, but close enough that I could pet her and put a hand around her to snuggle her a little. I fell asleep before she left. That is absolutely amazing that a little cat like that could finally start to become so affectionate. I can only imagine how loving she would be if I had managed to lure her in as a fresh-weaned kitten so I could truly socialize her. I think I would have a serious lap cat if that were the case.

Have to hurry today and get done what I can while hubby fixes his hair and such for work, so we can leave a bit early and make a mad dash to Harrison for truck parts so he can fix things this weekend, and still get to work on time. Likely will not get any needlework done before work today, but that is okay, too. Hugs and love, all, I gotta scoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment