Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Lovely weather

And I am getting to enjoy some of it before work. I am not fond of work lately, due to various circumstances I can not discuss (because it involves a complaint against someone so it is under investigation), but let us just say that I refuse to let the person causing me to have a hostile work environment will not win. I had to bite my tongue, figuratively speaking, last night, not to look at her and say, "Let's go, right now. Bring it on, sister." I instead chose to do my stupid, wide-eyed act. Those who know me well know what it means. For those who do not, it means trouble is brewing for the person causing the issue. My Bring It On button has been pushed and the other person is in deep doo-doo.

Much like the FB meme, my best friends at work are skipping along beside me singing, "Someone's gonna get it!" while carrying the baseball bat. Evil grins aside, work went okay, other than the issues with this person and that we did not get out until nearly 3AM again. It is exhausting, and I really prefer only working my eight hours. This is not comfortable, but I am tough, and will make it through, as sooner or later, we will get a few days of shorter hours that will allow us all to relax a bit. Add in that my hire-in anniversary is only a few weeks away, and then I have that holiday, my birthday holiday, Memorial Day and vacation days to use, all within weeks of each other, my summer is shaping up to be pretty darned nice, even if I get nothing much done outside.

I will simply enjoy what I can of it, like now. It is awfully nice to sit here and have the windows open, the curtains pulled back, and the heaters off for the season. Rain when it is 65F and up is much nicer than rain when it is in the 40s and 50s, and there are possibilities of scattered storms today. It is cloudy and the breeze is nice. A few windows will be left cracked for fresh air, but the ones that rain likes to come in will be left shut or cracked when I head to work.

So much got done before work yesterday and after I got home, despite the late hour. I even got a few more things up in the store, and am starting to do a bit there. Business cards arrived last week and I am passing them out right and left. I will have to get more out in a few days so I can take a stack with me on the weekend and put them up everywhere I go that has a place to do so. There was crochet that got done, some embroidery, mailed Mom's lap quilt to her, called her to let her know it was on the way and she needs to call me before she opens it. Sorry, folks, I did not have any charged batteries for the camera apparently, so no photos. Mom will likely take a few though, if I ask.

Today, there are the usual daily chores on the homestead, indoors and out. With warmer weather here, I make time daily now to get out for 10-15 minutes to clear up something. It could be working in the garden, or picking up some of the old tenant's trash to dump a 5-gallon bucket of it in the burn barrel, or picking up some of the scrap metal (mostly old soda cans) lying around here and dumping them in a big trash can that is here for that purpose. Actually, there are several. A couple for soda cans as they are a slightly higher rate than other small metals, and a couple for mixed small metals like soup and vegetable cans and cat food cans. There is also a basic pile for larger chunks, like the top of the one old ceiling fan I found the other day, metal bits and bobs of all kinds, tire rims, and the like. The rims in good shape get sold to the junkyard, the beat up ones go to the metal scrapper next door. There is also cardboard to tie up, glass to put into a bin (a different scrapper handles that), so basically, there is always something to clear up that usually will make some money! Hugs and love, all - gotta get this day rolling along.

No comments:

Post a Comment