Friday, April 10, 2015

Friday fun

On the bright side, it is Friday and I only have to get through today to get to the weekend. On the dark side, I still have to go to work. Might not be too long a night tonight though. A neighboring county for weeks has had a ban on sales or transport of eggs and live chickens due to a small outbreak of bird flu. The ban was just lifted the other day, which is good, but because of it, there were a few of the plant's farms that could not receive chicks for raising for us, and thus now, there is a bit less chicken to process. I am not that fond of factory farming, which is why I homestead, but it does pay the bills.

Now that weather is warmer, I get so much more done. I do not mind winter for the extra crafting time, but I like getting outside so much that winter is difficult to slog through when the cold gets bitter. I got a couple of buckets of crap cleared yesterday before work, so that makes a tiny dent in the one pile. I need to work this weekend on getting more tires rolled up by the house and filled with the dirt I bought a while back, so I can put out tomatoes at least again this year. With nowhere to put even a small greenhouse yet in a safe manner, I will have to bite the bullet and buy starts again. I do have some seeds saved from the Arkansas Traveler tomatoes from last year that I am looking to start, though they will be nowhere near ready to pick until late summer at this rate.

I have gotten some good progress on the webstore, my writng and working on the antifreeze afghan. It should be ready in another couple of weeks, and then it will likely be put up for the warm weather, unless we get another night like last night. It was a bit chilly in the bedroom, as the heater there broke down, and you ccan not get them now for nothing at the stores. So it was pile the afghans on, because the temp dropped to the low 40s, with the "feels like" at freezing. The bedroom was pretty cool, though not miserably so, just a bit too cool for comfortable sleeping. Yet, by the time we got up to start our day today, it was near 70 outside! The silliness of spring temps in the Ozarks! Hugs and love, all ... time to get cracking on a few things before I have to get ready for work!

No comments:

Post a Comment