Saturday, April 25, 2015

Starting to destress

I am about to stop using Kindle for my books period, and just unpublish everything there, and set my author page to just have the blurb and a link to the webstore. I fixed a few things in my little cookbook, which I typed up from my clipped recipes out of my great-grandmother's "cookbook," and now KDP is trying to tell me my info is "freely available on the web" so I have to confirm that I hold the publishing rights to the thing. Seriously? It's been for sale for a couple of years now, and now that I finally get the freakin' TOC working and add a link to the webstore with a coupon, NOW they decided that I have to prove it's not public domain? I do not THINK so. May not make as many sales, but I think me and KDP are going to go our separate ways if they do not fix this.

In other news, the funeral is done and hubby is headed back. He had the unfortunate experience of having to be a pallbearer. Not a job to relish for a beloved family member, but it was the last gift he could give her, so he manned up and did it. Now to get him back here with his brother and figure out what is up with the truck so it will hopefully run right for a while, and then Monday try to get the car to the dealer and trade it in on something cheap that will run for a year or two with payments we can afford on top of the truck payments. And people are wondering right now why I am so freaking stressed out the last few days. If nothing else, having your transmission on your 5-speed standard go out on you literally from one smooth drive to the next is rather stressful! But I have had it since it was new off the lot with only 78 miles on it and in nine years have put just over 267,000 on it. And yet, pretty much everything on it is still factory. About time for things to start going bad in major mechanical, so I really should not feel so upset over having to replace my little car, but still ... we have had nine years together, Victor and I, and I am going to miss him something awful.

I did lose one more of the beefsteaks, as i thought. This means I have the Georgia Peach, four Red Beefsteaks and we shall see what happens with some of the Arkansas Travelers. If all goes well, I can see me eating a LOT of BLTs this summer. Yummy. Which means I need to get a few things done around here, since I can not go much of anywhere unless absolutely necessary right now till we get something going with one of the vehicles. Trash needs to go out to be burnt, litter boxes need cleaning, kitties need cuddling (Stars and Fuzzy seem to think I am their favorite curling up spot), and I still have some TV to watch and some needlework to do. Not to mention working my butt off on the webstore!  Good thing I do not have to go back to work till Tuesday with the bereavement time. Gives me time to get things done that need doing and destress AND get a different vehicle so I have reliable transpo for work (and backup transpo for hubby if the truck goes down again). Hugs and love, all. Time to decompress with activity again!

No comments:

Post a Comment