Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Still sprinkling!!!

The weather is making me sleepy. I would love to do nothing more than go back to bed for the day, but not gonna happen. Loads to do and I want to get things done. Besides, I will get time off soon enough. My anniversary is in a week at work, which means things like anniversary and birthday holiday are available again (well, birthday not till June, but still), plus my vacation days. Those I will use up one at a time so I can get some kittens altered at the low-cost spay/neuter clinic over in Eureka Springs. I have to get a cat carrier, as the one I had broke, but they are not expensive anyhow. Then I need to make a Monday appointment, as they appointees can not have food or water after midnight before surgery. This means a large enough carrier that they can feel comfortable, but small enough to confine them safely. Especially Raffles. She is going to be a terror to get into a carrier because she is still pretty wild.

The only bad part for me is that the cats have to be there at 730AM, which means no sleep for me on spay day (getting all the girls done first), and do not pick them up until 230PM. This means taking the laptop with me, a blanket and a pillow and crashing in the car somewhere for a few hours, and if there is time, spending a bit of time at McDonald's with the laptop, before picking up the cats and heading home for more naptime. My vacation days this year are not going to accomplish much, I am afraid, but cats need altering and that will keep the colony stabilized in size and condition. Granted, it is an indoor colony, but they still need altering to help them stay healthier. There are a number of illnesses they can not get if they are altered, like various cancers.

So I am off to get a bunch of things done before I head out to work, yay me. See y'all later! Hugs and love, be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment