Tuesday, April 21, 2015

It's Time for Tuesday to get rolling!

First off, for those wondering how we can "afford" to feed fourteen cats/kittens, here is your answer. Between wet food (four cans a day), kibble, and fresh litter to top off the boxes after they are cleaned 2-3 times a day, it comes out to $2.50 a day, approximately. That's about $8.50 a WEEK for basic care. Cheap enough? I would say so. Add in that they are loads of furry love and plenty of entertainment at that price, and I'll take it. (I know, that is kind of snarky, but I am getting a LOT of PMs on "How can you deal with that? Isn't it expensive? *I* wouldn't do that!")

I think another of my beefsteaks is going to die on me. It looked pretty wilty yesterday despite all the rain that's fallen lately, so I will have to keep an eye on it. I will be puttng out some seeds this weekend in a flat for Arkansas Travelers and see what I can do with them. If I can get a few of those going, that would be great. They sure tasted yummy last year!

Got a bit of needlework done yesterday an a bit on the store, and a bit of writing, so things are progressing bit by bit there as well. Everything is going slow, but steady, so I am pleased. It is a slow process, but every step gets me a bit further along towards independence from the plant job. I like it and it pays well and has good insurance and all, but it is not my idea of a fun job. It is good enough that tonight is my last night on two years there. Tomorrow starts year three! This means lots more benefits become available, including first-time homebuyer downpayment assistance. Now, if we end up buying this place for back taxes, we could likely convert that into a construction mortgage to get a bit of land cleared and leveld with a Bobcat, get a Derksen cabin up here and settled, and fix up the interior. It would likely be something the bank or credit union would be more willing to go with than buying a newer mobile home and plopping it down on the land.

But I have to get some things done and get ready for another fun day of messing with chicken. Hugs and love, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment