Monday, April 6, 2015

Greening up!

Spring has arrived with a blast here in the Ozarks. Everything is turning green as can be, and I am rather happy about that. Sure, it means outdoor chores now have to be done as well as all the regular indoor stuff, but it also means windows open, heaters off, cooling breezes, lots of sunshine, and not feeling so much like I need a nap all the time! Winter is not kind to me, in the respect that there is much to do (always, on a homestead) but the lesser amounts of sunshine tend to make me want to hibernate.

If the kittens would all hold still for more than two seconds, I could get new photos to show you! Today's chores before work are printing off the tax returns as those got finished yesterday, litter boxes, lunch, and finding a box for shipping Mom's lap quilt up to her!

I got so much done over the weekend. I do feel often that I need more hands or more of me to get everything done, but things do get done piece by inch. While catching up my TV last night, I worked on the MAM antifreeze afghan and got to where almost all of the strips have the third round done. I am looking forward one of these days to doing this year's crochet and knit along afghans as well from Yarnspirations. I have been saving the clues each week, and one of these days, I will have time to make them, along with everything else I have planned, haha. Just piece by inch, like everything else.

So for now, it is time for me to make some lunch, and while it heats up, print off those tax returns and clear out the litter boxes. Dishes will be done tonight after work when I have a bit more time to fuss over them, and I will be looking for a box after I wash up from lunch. Just in time to pull together for work, yay me! Hugs and love, all ... tis time for this day to begin in earnest!

No comments:

Post a Comment