Sunday, April 19, 2015

Tomatoes and truck woes

Dang it all. I lost one of my tomato plants to a cutworm. Blasted thing ate all the soft tissue and stopped at the woody center, but the damage is too much to save the plant. Still, I still have five more beefsteaks and the Georgia whatsis, plus I am trying to get seed going from the Arkansas Travelers I had saved seed from last year. We shall see. So far, it has rained a little every day since I popped them in their spots, and so I have not had to water. I did pick up some bamboo stakes yesterday at Wally World, and used what I needed today in what little time I could get outdoors before it decided to start raining again. I have six left, just enough for if a full pack of starts gets going on the AR Travelers.

The latest book, one on making a few bucks with online surveys (one of many ways I make a couple extra bucks) is about half done. The time-consuming part is not the writeup on each company that is worthwhile, it is the research time to find the info to write about! Hobby stuff, like the antifreeze MAM afghan, is all comiing along in bits and pieces. I will have a couple of hours later on while catching up on some TV to do more on it. I have gotten to round four on all the strips, so I have those to do and the joining round and it is done. I think I may pass on adding a border to it, though that depends on how I feel about it without one when I drape it on the bed after finishing the rest up.

And the webstore. Ahhh, the webstore. So happy I have another good supplier lined up with nice decor things that I can put in my little webstore to sell. They dropship, so I do not have to actually have anything to do with the items other than taking orders from customers, buying the items from the dropshipper, and having them sent off to the customers! I can buy things to sell in person as well, and may do that. There are all kinds of things. Small decorative furniture, kitchen stuff (anybody want an overhead pot rack?), garden decor, birdhouses, and more. Different kinds of tchotchky type things. Though I wish I had more places to safely hang birdhouses. Some of them are just plain adorable. I am still working on the craftsy stuff I make as well, alternating between the two so I can get things done.

Which means I have a lot to get busy on this afternoon so I can head back to work tomorrow. Hubby and I have to ride together in the car for a bit. The truck is acting up, idling rough, will not stay started once in gear, etc. We have changed out the fuel pump/filter (they are combo on his truck - no in-line fuel filter), spark plugs and wires (plugs are gapped correctly), checked the resistance on the fuel injectors and that's running to spec. Goodness only knows what it is now. But like our mechanic said, it is a domino effect. Fix one thing and something else goes wrong on these older vehicles, but if you fix enough stuff, you get an older vehicle that will still run well for five or ten more years at least.

What is really odd is that once the truck starts to run rough and sputter and all, park it for an hour and it runs good again. It does the rough running after about fifteen miles, so there is something going on somewhere that only acts up once the truck is good and warmed up. We are stumped, so we limped it to the mechanic's place today and he will get on it when he can. We do not like having only one working vehicle available, but we can not afford a third one right now with still owing on the truck, though the wife of the guy we are getting it from told us do not worry about payments until it is fixed, and put the money toward fixing it first. Bill (the guy) and his wife, Faye, are both pretty up there in years, and Bill is having some health issues, so Faye figures that is more important than payments. Our next vehicle, we will likely have to get somewhere other than Bill and we will have to have sales tax money for it, too, because if Bill quits selling cheap vehicles, we will end up at another buy here-pay here place with more expensive vehicles, yikes! Oh well, that is how life goes!!

But I need to get going and do some paying writing, and work on the store. Chores at least are all done, so the rest of the day is work on here and playtime with yarn and thread. Yay, me!!! Half a day of nothing but pure relaxation! Hugs and love, y'all. I am outta here!

No comments:

Post a Comment