Friday, May 30, 2014

Corporate ain't liking me

Because we worked till 4AM again last night (this morning!), I called corporate again just now and left a message for a fellow there telling him how I feel about all this massive overtime. Mind, I don't mind some, but 8 or more hours of overtime in a week is insane. So far, in two days, I've worked 22 hours. There has been talk all week of us working a FOURTEEN-hour shift tonight - yeah from 5PM tonight until 7AM tomorrow morning! It's nuts. That would make a nearly full forty-hour check for me in just three days. Nobody can keep up that pace without issues, no matter how tough you are.

Ah well ... slept in a bit this morning, and for once, so did hubby, which is highly unsual for him. But he's pretty wiped out, too. Only bad part is, I'm too tired to get outside and do anything that needs doing. If we didn't need the money so bad, I'd call in and so would Quentin, because I'm not kidding, this is just beyond nuts. So I'll hunt y'all down some books (which I'd do for myself anyhow), and then I have to try to pull together for work, assuming I can wake up enough. Hugs, all - this homesteader is not having a happy day.

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST


Soap Making From Scratch: 30+ Handmade Soap Recipes and Tips. Complete Beginner's Guide to Handmade Soaps (Soap Making Book)
Lavender the Universal Herb (Herbal Amicus)
Scoodie Hooded Scarf Crochet Pattern
Organic Composting: Reduce Waste, Save Money, and Improve Your Garden (How To Garden, How To Compost)
Baby Cocoon And Owl Hat Crochet Pattern
NATURAL HOMEMADE PEST REPELLENTS: Quick and Easy Solutions That Are Safe, Organic and Non-Toxic (THRIVING GREEN)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Heather, I think you will find that those hours are actually not out of the norm for many factories. I know when I was still working I put in ten hours a day plus six on every other Saturday for at least six months of several years. Maybe it is time to see the doctor to find ways to better manage your fibro.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, "Unknown." for Tyson's it is HIGHLY unusual. VERY highly unusual. At most, during the week, we'll run till 230AM, maybe 3AM, because we are supposed to be out of there by 3AM in order to give the cleaning crew enough time to sanitize everything for dayshift. Or do you like your chicken covered in last night's yuck and potentially carrying salmonella and e. coli?

      As for a doctor - two things. One, I don't do doctors. Majority of them are a bunch of quacks who want to get you stuck on pills from Big Pharma that just add a ton of side effects, for which you get to take more pills with further side effects. I've felt better since I quit going to all the ding dongs who "practice" medicine - if they knew what they were doing, they wouldn't be "practicing" it. They are not in the business any more of getting you healthy, they are in the business of keeping you sick so they make more money off office visits (and Big Pharma makes more money off your medications.) And two, even if I did do doctors in that respect, there aren't any around here that take pain patients because they don't want to deal with prescribing potentially addicting drugs.

      Delete