Saturday, May 31, 2014

I love Saturdays

Most of the time, they are pretty fun, running around getting all the errands done, with the only rough part being pretty wiped out by the time we get home and not really wanting to unload and put stuff away. I do it anyhow, because then I can sit down and relax for an hour or so to catch my breath, before I get outside in the last of the daylight and do whatever. Today has been no exception - this is the time when I'm relaxing for a bit, and there's plenty of daylight left to get things done. I have a lot to do, and boy, do I want to get on it.

We did the usual lunch-groceries-laundry routine, and also hit up one of the dollar stores in town, as it's right next to the laundromat. Mainly because they have some seed packets left at 4 for $1, so between what veggies and flowers they have left, I'm starting to clean them out. Then there's the dollar store at the other end of town to clean out, the one grocery store and the hardware store in town. (Never mind the three or four dollar stores in Harrison, lus the hardware stores there.) Just seeds though, no bulbs or plants. No time to deal with those right now, I have enough going on, haha. The seeds are being saved for next year, for planting and/or trade goods and/or growing seedlings to sell at the farmer's market. See, I'm already planning for next year and this one has barely gotten started! The good part is, now that Quentin understands my reasoning, he's totally on board with it, to the point that he reminded me of our trip to Branson the weekend before our anniversary in a few weeks. (It falls on a Monday, so we're doing the shindig the Saturday before.)

He reminded me that there are about four dollar stores up there, plus a couple of hardware stores, too ... Good thing we have been putting back funds for a few months for that day, I have a feeling I will be bringing home LOTS of extra seeds. I'm all for that. If I don't grow it myself, or grow and sell the seedlings from it this or next year, they can be saved, or traded or whatever. Oh wait, I just said that, haha. I'm just that happy about it.

It's been raining off and on all day again, meaning I likely won't get outside today, but that's okay, as there's plenty to do in here. I did notice on the way indoors with things today that those flowers I planted a few days ago are already sprouting up! One sweet pea, five of the eight or nine marigolds, and I'm not sure on the snapdragons, because it was starting to sprinkle hard again and I wanted to get indoors. The tomatoes are blooming like crazy, the rest of things I started from seed is either not doing anything yet or is starting to spring up in the seed starters. Overall, it's a good day, despite working 11 hours again last night (and sleeping in to make up for it!). So I'm off to hunt down elusive books and have fun. See you later!

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST


(2 BOOK BUNDLE) "How to Knit Scarves" and "How to Knit Socks": Learn How to Knit Scarves and Socks Quick and Easy
Crochet Stitches For Beginners (Learn How To Crochet)
Vegetables and Spices
THE BASICS OF GROWING GREAT TOMATOES: Seeds, Soil, Planting, Caging, Watering, Etc.
Natural Dyes From the Backyard (Techniques from Lakeshore Textiles)
Building a Wood Fired Oven in a Day
(2 Book Bundle) "Knitting Stitches Dictionary For Beginners" & "How To Knit Socks For Beginners" (Knitting For Beginners)

No comments:

Post a Comment