Saturday, May 3, 2014

HOT!!!

And I am loving it! We got so much done today, though not everything. I didn't get a chance to cut down the piece of 3" pipe here to take with us and get the end cap for building the bailer bucket. Grrr. Oh well, a lot of other things were done. The swap meet at the feed store in Harrison was a bust, as there was hardly anybody there. But I did score at Big Lots, because I found a seed-starter greenhouse, which I was looking for, and a tomato trellis. That is supposed to be put together in a triangle shape, and stuck in the ground.

I, however, with my goofiness, am going to be different. I'm going to put a couple screws into the side of the trailer through the metal into studs, and hang it from those, angling out to the tomatoes, which will get shifted back closer to the house, so there's not a big angle. Then the maters can grow up it and it will give them quite a bit more growing distance. I just have to be sure to put the tomatoes close enough to the house that they are growing mostly straight up instead of outwards and back at a big angle. If it looks like it will work, I can do more of the same thing with things like the beans and peas and cukes and canteloupe and squashes. Yeah, that's a LOT to have growing UP, but it will save a lot of space, for certain.

Oddly, I have the house to myself tonight. Quentin and our buddy JJ are down in Harrison for an indie wrestling show, but today is the first Saturday in May and that means it's DERBY DAY. Mind, I put the whole pre-show and the race itself on the DVR schedule, so while I'm writing, I'm skipping all the commercials and getting in all the races. I grew up loving Thoroughbreds and racing, and later grew to love horse racing for all breeds, and it's amazing to see these beautiful animals doing their thing, running as they love.

So time to work on finding some books whilst watching the racing coverage. See you later, I want to see California Chrome and see if that pretty chestnut can win!

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST


The Pantry Cleaner: Chemical Free Cleaning
50 Best Homemade Soap Recipes
Best Chicken Breeds: 12 Types of Hens that Lay Lots of Eggs, Make Good Pets, and Fit in Small Yards (Booklet)
Food in Jars: From Jellies to Jams and Lunches to Desserts
Camping Recipes: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Over the Open Fire
Home-Baked Holiday Cookies
Homemade Cookies For All Occasions
Garden Pests and Problems 2nd Edition (The Constant Gardener)
Momma's Home-Made Holiday Desserts (Momma's Old Fashioned Fixins)
More Of Grandma's Homemade Desserts (Grandma's Recipes)
Momma's Old Fashioned Cookies & Bars (Momma's Old Fashioned Fixins)
Leg Warmers Knitting Pattern

No comments:

Post a Comment