Monday, May 5, 2014

Yesterday was HOT!

So hot that we only got about an hour apiece outside, because it was in the lower 90sF yesterday. The extreme heat made it impossible to get much done, but we got some done. Not as much as we'd have liked to get done, but some. Quentin got the internet cable installed in PVC pipe, which he glued together at the joints to ensure stability. It was that or dig through concrete to make a trench and bury the coax, and it was too much work to do that. Now we (meaning likely me, since I seem to do almost everything around here, especially now that I'm on second shift) can get busy with keeping the weeds down around here. He also checked the small exhaust leak on the car, and it looks like little Victor will need a trip to the muffler doctor, because his pipe is leaking somewhere and Quentin can't trace it down. And then he put mud flaps on the van. Why, I don't know. He's so into vehicles and wants to do just about nothing but muck with them. There's a tree down by the bottom of the road that has been laying there since the last bad ice storm at the beginning of March, when he blew out the van's radiator, and has been promising to go get it since, because it's half laying in the road.

Me, I spent yesterday, when I wasn't suffering heat exhaustion (I quit when I started getting a headache), tearing into the Merlot. I got a lot of paneling out to lay on the darn weeds so as to help kill them off, got a chunk of the crossbar stud in the back wall cut out to allow me to shove bigger stuff out the hole without issues, and got a small knock-together dresser thing emptied out and shoved out the hole in pieces. By pieces, I really mean that the drawers came out individually and then I shoved the main section out. The main part kind of came apart a bit when it went out on the ground, so I will have to put it back together in order to use it for a raised bed. Oh well, such is life. I would have preferred to have it stay in one piece so I could just roll it to the garden area, but it happens. Though it was so hot the last couple of days that I haven't gotten the last of my seeds started yet. It's breezy today, so I may be able to get that done.

I also have to get that box together to ship off to Mom and Amber, plus plenty of writing to do, so it's not like I won't be busy if it's too hot out. Hugs all, I'm off to find you some books and get that books I'm piddling around with finished up and hopefully up on Kindle today.

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST


How To Brew Beer At Home: Beer Brewing for Beginners (Brewing Beer)
Herbal Remedies: The Complete Guide: Herb, Spices and Oils to Help Cure and Prevent Sickness and Illness. And add some Pep in Your Step Behind Closed Doors ... Healthy, Fight Disease, and Cure Illness)
100 More Easy Recipes in Jars
Growing into a Farm: Before the Walden Effect (Modern Simplicity)
The Economy Driven Cookbook
150 Easy Classic Chicken Recipes
Tomato Container Gardening: Home Grown Tomatoes the Easy Way (Home Life 101)
Herb Gardening For Beginners, Planting An Herb Garden Made Easy: How To Grow Herbs And Dry Herbs

No comments:

Post a Comment