Thursday, May 1, 2014

Wakey, wakey, rise and achy!

I hurt so bad this morning - well, my morning. It's really lunchtime for most of y'all! If not for trying to get my points down at work, I'd call in, I feel so crappy, and it's the job's fault. They held us until 3AM this morning for work, which is an hour and a half of overtime. I'm not griping because of the overtime, the money comes in handy, goodness knows. But that kind of time during the week, anytime other than Thursday or Friday, is a pain to deal with, because by the time you get home, and get supper, you really don't get to relax much if at all, and then only get four or five hours sleep before you have to be up and at 'em again. I'm so sort and achy and tired, I told Quentin when he got up to let me sleep in, in the hopes that it would help some. Nope, and three Tylenol plus food and caffiene in major doses isn't helping either. My body is screaming in pain, but I still need to go to work again. Last night makes 3 1/2 hours overtime for the week so far. I don't mind a half hour or so a night, but more than that, and everybody is miserable after work and the next day. And we got home a bit later than we would have, even with the overtime, because a couple of new hires somehow managed to drain the battery on their SUV and we had to take a few minutes and give them a jump start. Thank goodness for jumper cables in the car at all times. It was almost 430AM before we got home and got coats off and had supper nuked. 530AM before we got to get to bed, and the alarm goes off at 10AM. Extra rest did me no good to speak of, so I get to work tonight while hurting so bad I want to cry. (But I'm too close to getting a point back to take a day off ... no matter how bad I hurt. If I can move enough to get dressed, I have to get myself in there.)

Anyhow, nuff griping. There's a ton of books today, the weather is windy and I don't feel up to doing much of anything, so no outside stuff today, and the only inside stuff getting done is cleaning the boy's litter box. Oh well, aches and pains aside, it's going to be a good day, because I won't let it be anything else. At least work is generally easy, much easier than first shift for the same job because everybody on second knows how to do the job right. Just some things are going to have to sit and wait for another day today. I hope to get some writing done before I leave, but I may set MY alarm clock after I get this done and go back to sleep for an hour or two more rest! Hugs all, time to go through the 200+ books on today's freebie offerings and see what's worth posting for y'all!

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST


Backyard Chickens Book Package: Beginner's Guide to Raising Backyard Chickens & The Backyard Chickens Breed Guide (Modern Homesteading)
Keeping Chickens: A Beginner's Guide
Food Preservation | Everything from Canning & Freezing to Pickling & Other Methods
15 Common Crochet Mistakes: Crocheting For Beginners, Mistakes and Their Solutions
Crochet Pattern 3-Finger Puppets
Organic Pest Control: All-Natural Pest Solutions To Protect Your Garden! (100% Safe For Your Garden)
Crochet the Easy Way: Blankets, Baby Hats, Scarves, Flowers and more
Fermenting: How to Ferment Vegetables
Gardening: The Ultimate Organic Vegetable Gardener's Tips & Tricks eBook - Cooking - Food - Vegetarian - Vegetable Garden - Nonfiction - Consumer Guides - Plants - Accessories - Techniques

No comments:

Post a Comment