Monday, May 19, 2014

Hey, I might get outside for a bit today!

The rain didn't hit last night, but it sure did look like it would for a while. I may have to actually water the tomatoes today! I'm going to try to get myself out and redo the ID markers for the seeds I planted, now that I found my craft sticks, because that styrofoam isn't going to work forever. The sunlight coming through the dome already has it breaking down, and I don't want to forget what got planted where in the mini-greenhouses, and hope they all grow!! I know it's late because of the way spring weather's gone (and trust me, I am jealous as all get out of folks who are already getting produce from theirs), but I want a garden in this year, darn it! There are still the tire beds to get down, and such, but I know that once things sprout, it will give me incentive to get things done. I do have a few things that I hope will suddenly surprise me and germinate in the next couple of days, per expected dates of germ. on the seed packets. I can but hope!

The weather has the boys blowing coat, Smudge way worse than Bouncer. I'm glad I'm not allergic to cat dander, the way Smudge blows coat spring and fall and ends up with loads of dander speckling his coat at the same time. Honestly, Bouncer hardly sheds at all. Smudge ... well, you can pet him and end up with enough loose fur to make another kitten!

I did get some work accomplished on farm website stuff over the weekend, so I'm glad of that, as it's one thing completely done and scratched off the to-do list. We have found some free (my favorite word, haha) options for a webstore, through an app called Selz, which works on Facebook as well as linking all social media, etc. I will still be putting items up on Etsy, eBay and Bonanza (an eBay alternative - less traffic, but less hassles, too), and I think the Facebook app Easy Social Store which allows you to integrate with your stuff for sale on Etsy and Amazon, so there will be webstore(s) of a sort that will consume nothing but time. I've looked hard at Selz and it even allows for digital downloads of products and they do the storage! All good for me, and I think if I do things right, I may be a bit more successful that way. Ok, Selz really isn't completey free, there is a per-sale fee (5% + 25c), but that is IT. No monthly fees, no listing fees, no nothing. It has what sound like a number of nice features, and I likely will try it to see what happens with it. Worst comes to worst, all I'd have to do is set up a regular domain and store anyhow, right? So it could be a good thing ... I need to get more good photos and all and see what it does for me.

Mind, I'd love to add in some affiliate marketing stuff, but I don't know that that will happen if I can't get banners to display somehow, somewhere. I think Selz, from what I've read, gives me a fully customizable storefront, so I may be able to get banners to rotate that way. We shall see. I need to do a lot of things before I get that far. I'm a bit excited to know I have some good options and we shall see what happens with them. But now it's book time - enjoy, because there's a small bunch today!

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST


Homegrown Humus: Cover Crops in a No-till Garden (Permaculture Gardener)
Growing Organic - 2-Book Combo: Companion Planting And Pest Control In An Organic Garden
The Ultimate Container Gardening Handbook: Everything You Need To Know About Container Gardening Plus More. (The Definitive Gardening Guides)
Vertical Gardening: The Definitive Guide To Vertical Gardening For Beginners. (The Definitive Gardening Guides)
Container Herb Gardening: The Definitive Guide To Container Herb Gardening For Beginners. (The Definitive Gardening Guides)
Companion Gardening: The Definitive Guide To Companion Gardening For Beginners. (The Definitive Gardenninig Guides)
Indoor Gardening: The Definitive Guide To Indoor Gardening For Beginners. (The Definitive Gardening Guides)
Raised Bed Gardening: The Definitive Guide To Raised Bed Gardening For Beginners. (The Definitive Gardening Guides)
Modern Rustic: Starting a Homestead: A Guide to Buying Property and Moving Toward Self-Sufficiency
Sock Monkey Knitting Pattern
Canning Meat, Fish, Poultry and Wild Game (Canning and Preserving Guides)
Canning Collection, 5 Books In 1, Canning Meat, Fish, Poultry, Wild Game, Vegetables, Fruits, Pickles, Salsa
Seed Starting, Starting And Transplanting Seeds, Step By Step Guide
Canning and Preserving at Home - Delicious Sauces, Jellies, Relishes, Chutneys, Salsas, Pie fillings and more!
Survival Pantry: The Prepper's Guide to Survival Food Storage (A Simple Guide to Emergency Food Storage- Learn to Can Food, Store Water, and Preserve ... Pantry,Preppers Guide,Food Pantry Storage)
Backyard Aquaponics Made Easy
Organic Square Foot Gardening: The Definitive Guide To Organic Square Foot Gardening For Beginners. (The Definitive Gardening Guides)

No comments:

Post a Comment