Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Urgh

The garden is finally starting to pop. Thank goodness, because I was begining to think that it was going to flop with as late as I had to start everything off. I know, you're not supposed to start stuff like the cucurbits in flats, but kind of had to this time as the beds are not ready. Gotta hurry on that one and get something going with it so the beds will be there when the plants are a bit bigger.

Nothing to speak of got done yesterday, because I woke up sick as the proverbial dog. Ok, well not quite woke up that way, but went downhill pretty fast. I managed to get my morning going just swimmingly, packed for work, though I wasn't feeling totally up to par, and headed to Harrison to get a couple errands done before heading to work. One of the errands was to try to get a new bank account opened locally.

Well, lo and behold, because we don't have/use credit cards, and pay everything cash or the debit card, what do my wondering ears hear but, "You don't have anything recent on your credit report, so we can't give you a checking account. We CAN give you a spending card, though!" Excuse me? A spending card? If I wanted a spending card, I could get one of those from Wal-Mart! I want a checking account! Apparently, that ain't gonna happen, so we are still just using our accounts up in Missouri. That's fine, at least we have bank accounts. Only if we need to make a deposit, we either have to drive 1 1/2 hours or mail it to them and wait for it to clear. Grr.

So, upon leaving there, I head to work ... well, start to head to work. I didn't make it very far, because there's a state welcome center not far north of the WalMart and all in Harrison. I had to pull in because I wasn't feeling too good. Me and the bathroom had a nice time visiting for about ten minutes. Then I had to call the hubster and let him know I wasn't coming to work because I was feeling like crap. Got home, let him know I was safe and called in, before spending most of the next six or seven hours choking up my toenails. I'm pretty sure I lost a kidney in there somewhere, too. Urgh. It was awful.

So I lost my holiday pay for Monday what with missing yesterday, but it was worth it. The way I felt, I wouldn't have even made it to break before being sent home for how I was not doing. Still not doing great today, but as usual, I'll make the effort. If they send me home, fine. If not, I'll do my best to make it through. Still feeling pretty crappy, but bills have to be paid, so what you gonna do? Can't sit around for forever, ya know. Stuff has to be done, and one thing folks don't realize about homesteading is that you have to do it even when you are sick, unless you are so sick you literally can't move like I was yesterday. Seriously, just sitting up made me want to choke up more toenails. I spent most of the day on the couch, and getting from there back to bed about 11PM to crash for the night, being just that tired, took everything I had to stay upright. I was so out of it, I was bouncing off the hallway walls like a drunk on a week-long bender.

Able to keep solids down now, so hopefully, I can get to and through work, though I hope it won't be as long as last night. Hubby didn't make it home till around 5AM, because some motor burned out and they kept right on trucking to the bitter end. If that's the case, I'm leaving early because my body won't take that much hammering this soon after being sick. It's going to be hard enough to get through as it is. Right now, my head still feels like it wants to explode and I have a serious frog in my throat. Hubby joked that the Robertson's of "Duck Dynasty" called and want their frog back out of my throat, they're short one set of frog legs for dinner. Ha Ha Ha. Very funny. (Worst of that is, I really do have a horribly froggy throat, and if I try to talk much, it starts to sound like a mouse in my throat. Ha bloody ha.)

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST


100 Housewife's Helpful Hints for Home and Health
How to Make Colorful and Fragrant Soap at Home: Unique Soap Making Recipes With Step by Step Photos (A Soap Making Book)
Candle Making: The Simplified Guide to Making Candles
Sustainable Living Explained
Companion Planting Guide: A Companion Gardening Book for Growing Organic Vegetables, Herbs & Fruit in Your Backyard! (Beginners Guide to Companion Planting)
Growing Tomatoes - Your Guide To Growing Delicious Tomatoes At Home
DIY Household Hacks: Save Time and Money with Do It Yourself Tips and Tricks for Cleaning Your House (FREE Book Offer Included): DIY Projects, Household DIY, Organize Your Home, Cleaning Clutter

2 comments:

  1. Heather, I would try a credit union for an account. They are sometimes more open minded. If you ever heard of Dave Ramsey, a radio financial guy, he suggests no credit cards, pay cash for everything and have no credit score. He says a credit score just means you are go at going into debit. We have paid cash for everything including houses for years. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, John, I would except there are no CUs around here! I've heard of Dave Ramsey, which is why I originally got rid of my credit cards. However, around here, to get any kind of bank account, you just about have to have one. I'm considering a "credit rebuilder" one to use for gas, since my little compact uses next to none, and pay it off every month, just to "rebuild" my credit so places will shush about it!

      Delete