Wednesday, May 21, 2014

No errands today, but biggish progress happening

So, yesterday was a bust for Quentin. He'd parked behind me Monday night when we got home, and had just enough energy to go out and move the van so I could leave for errands and work. What he describes as the way he feels, he said he figured felt about like me with my fibromyalgia. Then he says he will never, EVER call me a wuss again, because if I can deal with that and get up and moving and work and do all that I do, while hurting that badly, I am tougher than he has given me credit for. But accomplishments have been made.

A big little chunk got paid on a bill. Well, I got the money order, and it's ready to go, I'll drop it off today on my way to work because I have a package to pick up anyhow. And Home Depot finally had all the parts I needed in for the bailer bucket, so the threaded adapter, bolt, nuts, check valve and rope reel have all been bough. All told, I've spent about $40 on this thing. We'll work on building it this weekend. Quentin was going to take it over from me, and I said no, I just want you to do A, B, and C to help out. It's MY project. He says he's going to kiss me if it actually works, and I'm pretty sure it will, it's just a matter of actually doing the thing up and seeing how much I can get out in one go. Assuming it works like it's supposed to, it will make watering the garden a lot easier and help fill house water jugs faster and easier than dragging them to the gas station and using their hose, then having to haul them all the way to the house.

The boys are enjoying the heck out of the warm weather. They love their kitty shelf in the one bedroom window best of all, though they can look out just about every window in the place. That is THEIR window, and they spend most of their nap time up there. That's where Bouncer is at now, napping. Smudge has decided that Momma's leg is perfect for curling up next to and pincushioning with happy paws, so I have to stop typing every so often to pet him. He's a silly kitty, but he's grown into such a loving fellow from the scardey-cat kitten we first adopted that it's impossible to not give him attention.

Today there are no errands, other than a quick stop at the Postal Orifice on the way to work, so I can lollygag a bit over breakfast, and get some work done outside on the garden, before I pack up and head in. With a three-day weekend coming up for Memorial Day, they are hammering us hard and it's not a lot of fun. Thank goodness for caffiene! But honestly, I'm just so stoked that things are starting to come together around here, finally.

The bailer bucket and a garden are big projects I've been wanting to get done for over a year, and it is starting to finally happen. All I can say is, it's about time some things got done and starting going the way I want them to on this homestead, lol!!! Oh yeah, some of the seeds I planted are starting to sprout, so there will be photos soon of those, as well as improvements (such as they are) to the garden! (Though I think I'll have to get epsom salts and fertilizer sticks for the tomatoes this weekend - a couple of them are getting lower yellowish leaves, which also means repotting them ... knew that was going to have to happen though.) And I did get a couple more pages formatted on the latest book ... which is kind of a goofy gift baskets thing, I'm calling them "survival kits" - full of things to bring a smile to the recipient's face and remind them why they are so important for what they do. So far, edited through page 7 of what will be far less than 79 pages when it is done!

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST


Seed Saving The Beginner's Guide: How To Save Time And Money By Preserving Rare And Unique Seeds
Fall and Winter Gardening: 25 Organic Vegetables to Plant and Grow for Late Season Food
The Essential Guide to Container Gardening: Growing Organic Herbs & Vegetables In Any Space or Container Has Never Been This Easy! Grow Like A PRO And Have Fun Doing It!
The Crafty Beekeeper: Support Your Hobby by Creating and Selling Handmade Gifts
Easy Soapmaking for Beginners: Learn to Make Homemade Soap, Plus Dozens of Easy Recipes
Organic Vegetable Gardening: The Beginners Guide to Growing Vegetables the All Natural Way
Weeds, Water & Mulch (Gardening Briefs for Beginners)
Organic Vegetable and Fruit Gardening: A Beginners Guide to Growing More in Small Spaces
Raised Bed Gardening Planting Guide (2) - Making The Most Of A Raised Bed Garden For Growing Vegetables (Gardening Techniques)
All Natural Cleaning Recipes: A Non-Toxic Household is a Healthy Household
Aquaponic Gardening: A Step by Step Guide for Beginners
Beginner Soap Making: Simple Homemade Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment