Friday, May 23, 2014

Oh. My. God.

I ache in places I didn't know I had places. Through last night, I've already got five hours overtime, and who knows what time we are getting out tonight. I wish I could just call in, but in order to get holiday pay, you have to be there your full scheduled sfhit the day before the holiday and the day after. My plans for today before work are shot, because once Quentin leaves for work (he likes to go in way early and socialize), I'm turning on my alarm for about 3PM and heading back to bed for a nap. There's so much to do, but if I don't get a bit more rest, I will not be in good shape for work. Wish I could just quit and concentrate on stuff here, but back bills need paying off and a downpayment has to be pulled together. This means I either have to work off-farm, or I have to hustle butt to develop an on-farm income while working off-farm, just so I can quit working off-farm. LOL. Makes for a heck of a life some days, let me tell you. I think about all I'm going to get done is watering stuff, because the promised rain didn't materialize yesterday so I have to water the tomatoes and the three little lettuces that decided to poke their heads above ground yesterday in a surprise move.

I do hope we can get more of the "yard" weed whacked this weekend, though. The ticks are out in force and my legs look like a dartboard of sorts with all the bites on my lower legs. Of course, being human, they itch, I scratch, and I end up with scabby legs. I hate ticks with a passion. One day, they won't be a problem for me, and I look forward to that day - probably when the move from here to a new place takes place. So much has been and will continue to be accomplished here, but a new place likely won't have the issues this one does. I'm hoping one place I've found stays up for sale for a looong time. It's not quite three acres, but it has more than one trailer on it, and the others could be sold to a local mobile home place. All they'd have to do is bring a check and plenty of trucks to haul them off. It's also mostly open land, so there wouldn't be any clearing, just plop down raised beds and get busy. AND all paved roads all the way to work. I just have to hope it stays available for a bit so a downpayment can be gotten, and that the owner will sell on land contract. It's not a perfect place, but it would do. If it's not there, something else suitable will be when the time is right.

I really want to get something productive done around here, like putting a couple more things up on the Selz store, and doing a bit more writing, but that may not happen. All depends on how well the caffeine infusion works. Anyhow, time to suck down some coffee (cappuccino really) and try to wake up (HA!) or get a quick nap in after finding y'all some books. Hugs all, till tomorrow!

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST


Backyard Chickens: The Beginners Guide to Raising Chickens in Town or Country (Sustainable Living & Homestead Survival Series)
Backyard Organic Gardening: Easily and Effortlessly Create Your Own Organic Gardening Oasis for Optimal Health and Nutrition (Seven Steps to a Successful ... Backyard Homestead, Gardening for Beginners)
Homesteaders / Smallholders 'Quick Bites' Guidebook - Canning & Food Preservation (K.I.S.S Quick Bites)
Learn to Crochet - A Blanket Pattern for the Very Beginner
Grow Your Vegetables For Your Nutritional and Financial Health
Starting a New Garden (VOL. 1): How to Transform Your Yard and Patio Into Beds and Container Gardens (Growing Organic Vegetables at Home)
Homesteaders 'Quick Bites' Guidebook: Raising Chickens - My 5 Top Tips (K.I.S.S Quick Bites)
Prepper Survival Pantry: The Survivor's Guide To Food Storage, Water Storage, Canning And Preserving
Garden Pests And Problems: Simple Solutions to Rid Your Garden of 10 Common Pests and Problems (The Constant Gardener)

No comments:

Post a Comment