Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Weekend's over

And the internet is being a bit of a butthead, in that it is being really slow for no good reason other than it's slightly cloudy out. There is a nice breeze though, and that's good, though I won't get to get ouside to enjoy it today. Too many errands to run before work. Not a ton of them, but things that need doing, and I hope I can wake up enough to do them. If not, it's not a disaster, but they do need doing. The trials of having fibromyalgia ... which I likely wouldn't have if not for my first husband getting us into two car wrecks, one of them serious. It was after that when the symptoms starting showing up and the whole thing's just gotten worse over time. I really hate it, too ... there are so many days when I'm just so tired from it, or forget things due to the fibro fog, that it's ridiculous.

For those that don't have it, and can't imagine how it feels, let's try this. Think of how it feels when you overdo it on chores or something, and sit down to relax for a few minutes. You know how good that feels to sit down? Then you go to get back up and moving a little while later and your arms and legs are all tied up in knots from lactic acid buildup in your muscles? You know how much that hurts? Now, take that pain, make it all over, in every skeletal muscle from head to toe, all day, every day, times about ten and you have an idea of how it feels to be me. Because that's how it feels to have fibro in a mild form. There are those who have it so bad they are in wheelchairs and on heavy drugs like Darvocet and Vicodin and Oxycontin and the like. Yeah, it's that bad.

Telling us that if we'd just get up and exercise we'd feel better doesn't help. Don't you folks that say that think that if I could get up and do more that I would? Do you people that say that really think I enjoy being tired and sore all the time to the point where all I want to do is sleep so I can have energy enough to do something for an hour or so? Do you think I enjoy having to have a job where I can sit down a lot, or for some sufferers, no job at all? Yeah, I'm having a bad day today and woke up to a number of emails from folks who just don't get it telling me all the usual, and it doesn't sit well today. I took a great nap yesterday and it helped a lot, but I'm tired again as usual today and hurting and I would really just like to go back to bed after I get some breakfast and snooze for a couple of hours, but I can't because there's things to do.

So I have to get up and deal and then go to work. I'm not happy about this, because I'm exhausted from fighting the fibro, depressed because the pain never goes away and leaves me alone and feeling normal (which I haven't felt in nearly 25 years), mad because people just don't get it and at myself for not being more healthy, hurt because I get called "lazy" or whatever so much. So please folks, before you start giving well-meaning and well-intended advice to someone who suffers fibro and is doing the best they can, or saying something mean, think about what you're about to say, and then don't say it. Ask instead if there's something you can do to help. Ask what the person needs done. Offer help, because trust me, most of us will take you up on it.

Today is a rough day and it's only just begun for me. I hope it gets better. For those looking for the booklist, it's short today, there's not much besides a ton of recipe books that really aren't that great. Hugs all, I'm off to try to get into some kind of shape for work. Ugh.

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST


The Prepper's Guide to Survival Food Storage (Survival Family Basics - Preppers Survival Handbook Series)
Container Gardening For Beginners: Simple Tricks And Ideas To Container Gardening Made Easy!
Raising Chickens For Beginners
Organic Herb Gardening: the Beginners Guide to Planning, Growing, and Preserving Your Own Culinary and Medicinal Herbs (Organic Gardening Beginners Planting Guides)
Grow Herbs Indoors: A Beginners Guide To Growing Your Own Herbs Indoors (beginners guide to indoor herbs, how to grow indoor herbs, indoor herb gardening, grow herbs indoors, grow basil, beginners)

No comments:

Post a Comment