Sunday, May 4, 2014

It's going to be busy

And here I am, sitting here trying to get something done whilst attempting to stay awake. I'm sleepy as all heck for some reason I can't fathom. Goodness knows I got enough sleep. Guess it's just that it's good snoozing weather, the temps being "Goldilocks weather," neither too hot nor too cold, but just right. Unfortunately, I need to get this done and then get outside and get a lot done out there. Quentin's off to make a quick run to Home Depot for something he needs, and then when he comes back and I'm either doing stuff outside or being lazy and napping inside, he's finally going to get the internet cable into conduit, so he can weed whack out there without worrying about chopping up the coax cable from the satellite dish to the house.

Me, I have some tearing apart to do on the Merlot, and then need to lay that stuff down on the ground near the house to either kill the grass (paneling) or make more containers for growing (drawers from the kitchen and such). I also need to get the trellis hung up for the tomatoes and move that planter back closer to the house and to get some seeds put into the mini-greenhouse to get them started. I love living on the mountainside, but that late winter lasts a few extra weeks before you can reliably start seeds outdoors (when you can't get the plants you want locally, and don't have a small standup greenhouse) just generally mans it's May before you get much done outdoors in warm weather.

Plus there's the doody bag to change out, trash to get gathered up in the house and then out and burned, Quentin wants to fuss around with the trailer some ... honestly, other than him doing the internet cable and the doody bag, I can honestly tell you where his afternoon will be spent, and it won't be on things that actually need doing. He will likely fuss with the trailer, one of his babies. I love him to death, but that man can fixate on vehicle stuff to the point that he doesn't get anything else done. Sometimes, that can be really annoying. Other times, it's a blessing, as when I'm trying to do something and it gets him out of my hair. (Unless he suddenly decides he "needs" me to come hold something, then ten minutes later wonders why I'm still holding it - probably because he never tells me when I can put something DOWN?)

Anyhow, I need to get this done and get something to eat before I get anything done outdoors that needs doing. Catch you all later!

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST


JAMS AND JELLIES-TWENTY TWO BLUE RIBBON CANNING RECIPES
Lemon Recipes: 30+ Amazing Recipes Using Natures Super Citrus (The Simple Recipe Series)
How to Make Your Own Compost - the Definitive Composting Guide for Successful Compost Gardening
Container Gardening Ideas Plus Vertical Gardening-How to Produce More Organic Vegetables in Less Space
DIY HOUSEHOLD CLEANING PRODUCTS-THIRTY TWO CHEAP "GREEN" CLEANERS FOR ANY PROJECT
Food Preservation & Storage at Home - A Step by Step Guide to Canning, Pickling, Dehydrating, Freezing & Safely Storing Food for Later Use
Essential Vegetables Box Set (4 Books in 1 Package): Organic Gardening with Tomatoes, Potatoes, Peppers, Eggplants, Broccoli, Cabbage, and More
Worm Composting - Woodworking Plans & Worm Bin Ideas for Use in Organic Gardening
Patio Planters: & Vertical Gardening - Designs & Wood Working Plans Volume 1
PICKLES AND RELISHES-TWENTY BLUE RIBBON CANNING RECIPES
Boxed Set 1 Home Spa
Boxed Set 1 Natural Skin Product Recipes (Natural Skin Recipes)

No comments:

Post a Comment