Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Feeling better

HR and I had a good chat yesterday about the situation from Monday night ... seems I'm not the only one who was cheesed off. I never did get anything done before I left for work, I was just too pooped and had to take a short nap so I'd have energy just to go in. Too close to working a point off to think about calling in. I did put in for Monday off though, so while I haven't gotten my official approval yet, I may have a nice three-day weekend coming up for Mother's Day. Boy, would that be nice!

Quentin's taking the box with him today and shipping it for me, sweetheart that he is sometimes. So Mom will finally get her lapghan and Amber will finally get that picture I found for her and the hat and cowl. I will be watering the maters in a bit as well as some other things, so before I do that, I will be putting some good compost into the mini greenhouse and bringing that indoors to start some stuff off. I know, I could just direct seed, but these are things thatf I worry about the wildlife here chomping on while they are small. Once they are bigger, not such a worry, as they'll have the root system in place to help them bounce back. So far, my tomatoes have not been bothered, so I am hoping this trend continues. I need to spend part of this weekend tearing studs out of the Merlot too, so I can build some trellises for climbing things, or cutting down small saplings and using zip ties to hold them together for the same purpose. If I'm going to have vines all over the place with beans, peas, cukes, squash and melons, they are going to be growing UP to save space!

Anyhow, time to find some books for y'all (and me, too, lol ... this benefits me as well, ya know) ... and then to get ready for work, yay me. Least we got off at a decent hour last night!

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST


Teddy Bear for Baby Cross Stitch Pattern
Backyard Chickens: The Beginner's Guide to Raising and Caring for Backyard Chickens (Homesteading Life)
Food Drying: Food Dehydration and Safe Storage
Feltmaking Basics
Natural Green Cleaning: 101 Non-Toxic DIY Hints & Cleaning Tips For Home Cleaning Using Vinegar
Food Dehydrating Book Package: Food Drying vol. 1 & 2: How to Dry Fruit & How to Dry Vegetables

No comments:

Post a Comment