Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Hoping to get stuff done

Quentin had a restless night last night which kind of kept me half awake all night. I really want to get to Home Depot for the rest of the parts for the bailer bucket, but I might end up taking a nap instead. There is just so much to get done that napping isn't really an option what with having to work, too. At least not until things are where one income will cover it all and leave some left over for other things .... Stuff's gotta get done.

Seriously, when you homestead, unless it is raining pretty hard (a good sprinkle doesn't count), you need to be outside in all the good weather doing something. Today, my good weather is going to have to involve that trip to Home Depot and a stop at Wal-Mart for a money order to pay on a bill. Then I need to grab something to eat and get to work for more fun playing with chicken boobies. My job's actually not that bad and kind of fun, we get to talk a lot and all, and it's a pretty relaxed atmosphere. So it's not too bad. I guess it's just all the menopausal stuff going on with my body that's making me feel kind of messed up, because it only hits for a few days a month (you ladies know what I mean).

I can hardly wait for more stuff to come up in the mini-greenhouses. The garden is a big part of why I'm not letting myself lay around and be lazy. I have a deadline to met with getting stuff ready for the seedlings to be transplanted, and it's not one I can go, 'Oh, there's plenty of time to worry about it!" because it's not the middle of winter anymore. Anyhow, hubby isn't feeling too great, time for me to make him up some soda water so he can get the creeping crud up and out. Then I can find you guys some books. (Gee, the joys of my life, lol. And the joys for him of being married to someone who fully believes in natural healing as much as possible.)

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST


Everything about Rabbits: Including an Exhaustive List of Rabbit Breeds
Organic Vertical Garden: Beginners Guide To Growing Healthy Organic Gardens
You Can Do It Yourself: Great Do It Yourself Home Improvements On A Budget
Indoor gardening - How to grow beautiful tomatoes, bell peppers & avocados at home (Indoor Gardening, How to Grow, Vegetables)
Recipes in a Jar: How to Can Fruit
Indoor Container Gardening: A Beginner's Guide to Growing Herbs, Vegetables and Fruit
How to Build a Hanging Garden for your Balcony, Deck, Patio, or Sunroom
How to Paint and Decorate Your Home - 121 Great Home Painting and Decorating Ideas
Food Drying: How to Safely Dry and Store Food (Food Preservation)

No comments:

Post a Comment