Thursday, July 24, 2014

And now I'm sick again

This time, it's a summer cold, and truthfully, I really wish I could just cut my face off and get rid of the sinus pressure. Ugh. So no nostalgia today, I'm wiped. Need more sleep, this crap didn't let me sleep well last night, so no real work on anything today, either. I wish I felt better so I could do more work on my books, but that will happen, it will just take some time. Healing up from a major bout of stomach flu and then all this is not going to happen overnight, no matter what I wish.

On the bright side, the tiny garden that survived being neglected for two weeks while I was sick is trying very hard to make up for everything that didn't. I have tomatoes coming out my ears, and the beans are zipping up the stakes like mad. So we might be getting a few meals of fresh beans in a month or so. Corn is trying to grow and not doing great but there is effort. We shall see. I do need to take five minutes today and get trash together to get it out and burned tomorrow, and another five or so to make up more nectar for the hummingbird feeders and get them refilled. Assuming I don't just let my face explode first.

The weather is a bit nicer now that the storm came through last night. When I left for work, I had to stop on the way down the mountain road to clear a couple branches out of the way, and it was pretty muggy. Sprinkled a bit on the way to work, and I arrived to find that Harrison was getting hammered so hard that low-lying areas were having flash floods. I was glad I'd closed the windows before I left, just in case it poured. Don't know for sure if it rained here good or not, because of course it's dark when I get home, and I was too tired to notice. A few tree branches came down here on the property that will have to be cleared up, but nothing major.

It's cooler, though, so I figure it probably did rain some, and that makes it much nicer weather for napping till you feel better. I'll be glad when I do, as I truly miss working on my books. That one I was working on is stagnating at needing no more than a table of contents and to get uploaded to the Kindle Direct bookshelf on my account there, so it can go live, but that's a two- or three-hour process that I don't have the energy for right now. I can't even remember what the book after this one is going to be, and I don't have the oomph to check my notes, lol. I'm just that far gone today. We only worked till a little after two, but there was a lot of stuff left behind by first shift breast line that had to be done, and since that's where I work, you can bet that what energy I can muster each day generally goes to work.

I can hardly wait till this weekend though. I'm making a pilgrimage to Branson for a few things. Among them, I'm going to hit up Michael's there and see if they have the rest of the thread I need for the butterfly lap quilt, because I do not fancy paying the equivalent of $3.50 for a single tiny skein of thread. Okay, back to bed for me for an hour or so. Hugs, all!

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST


Companion Planting: The Vegetable Gardeners Guide. The Role of Flowers, Herbs & Organic Thinking (Updated)
The Perfect Compost Plan: Simple Guide To Making Healthy Compost
Beginner Soap Making: Simple Homemade Recipes
Slouchy Hat Crochet Pattern
Growing Herbs: Indoors, in Pots, in the Garden, Herb Recipes And a Medicinal List: Indoors, in Pots, in the Garden, Herb Recipes And a Medicinal List (Vegetable Gardening)
Vegetable Container Gardening: The DIY Guide on Growing You Own Fresh, Organic Vegetables
Soap Making For Beginners: The Definitive Guide To Help Beginners Create Rejuvenating And Hydrating Soaps Like A PRO.
Indoor Gardening Essentials: The Essential Guide for Growing Herbs and Vegetables from Home

No comments:

Post a Comment