Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Back on my feet, mostly

It hasn't been an easy last few days. Getting to do pretty much nothing but sleep and gripe about sleeping has left me actually pretty well wiped out. I'm beginning to feel like The Terminator, lol - I'll be back. Apparently, folks at work are really missing me and wondering how I'm doing and when I'll be back. The temporary lead on my section, Britney, really hates having me gone all week. Her response when she found out? "Well, s**t." The gal who has to cover my spot all week, "Well, S**T!" (Probably because she hates doing my job and is now stuck with it until Monday, assuming I don't relapse.) Healing is going much better today, and I thank you all so much for the kind thoughts and prayers and everything.

The phentergen helped a lot with settling my tummy down, and immodium for the other ... now if I could just get my right TMJ to loosen up so I could eat properly. I'm a little shaky and weak from lack of calories the last several days. I'm still staying in today and getting lots of rest, though I feel just about rested to death, but I'm going to try to get up enough oomph tomorrow to go get some sunshine outside in what there is of my teeny garden and see how it's done without me the last few days. I was so attentive to it before this, and this has just kept me from swamping my little plant babies with love for days. I miss them. Heck, I miss sunshine on my skin, though seeing it through the window is nice, but not the same! I want the real stuff. And oddly, I miss my job, too. I'd really like to be back to work of some kind, though what I really want to do is get some online stuff going. This illness has quashed that a lot, and I'm so far behind on it that I don't even know where my projects are anymore. Do I get to cry yet? Nope, no matter what, I don't get to do that, because it takes time and effort from other things. We shall see what I can get done in the next couple of days while I'm still recuperating.

I'm just a bit shaky from lack of serious calories for the most part, and I'm slowly working on remedying that in bits and pieces. A cup of jello here, some applesauce there, a snack cake or bit of ice cream or toast or soup or oatmeal (thank goodness for instant - it's cheating, but I get flavors that way that tempt my palate) elsewhere ... it all adds up to getting back together again. So far today, I have managed to get up and stay up for around four hours in one go. That's a new record with this. So while I still have energy, it's applesauce (tastes so good when you haven't been able to eat much) and find some books. Hugs, all - I'm working on recovery!

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST


Organic Vegetable Gardening: The Beginners Guide to Growing Vegetables the All Natural Way
The Backyard Chickens Breed Guide: The Best (and Worst) Backyard Chicken Breeds (Modern Homesteading Book 2)
Aquaponics Fish: Best Fish Species For Aquaponic Gardening
Backyard Chickens: The Beginner's Guide to Raising and Caring for Backyard Chickens (Homesteading Life Book 1)
Backyard Chickens Book Package: The Backyard Chickens Handbook and The Backyard Chickens Breed Guide (Modern Homesteading)
How to Make Bath Melts & Bath Bombs
Growing Your Own Vegetables - 3 Book Bundle: Container Gardening, Raised Bed Gardening, Companion Planting
Container Herb Gardening: Now You Can Easily Grow Herbs from Home for Health, Wellness, and Cooking (Container Gardening Essentials - How to Grow Herbs in Your Backyard for Food and Healing)

1 comment:

  1. Heather hope you get better.I hate being sick.Enjoy your 4th girl and get better SOON!

    ReplyDelete