Friday, July 4, 2014

Shopping a day early

Yesterday went pretty good, considering I still was not up to par. Still ain't, really, but I'm better than I was, in the respect that I can get out and about a bit better. Food is still a trial. My jaw still is acting up, but I have a feeling that's going to be my new normal for a while yet. So when we went shopping for my lunch stuff for next week, I ended up with things like pudding cups, jello, fruit cups, applesauce, and those little cracker and cookie things like Captain's wafers. All because I simply cannot get my dang jaw open very far to eat solids. It's pretty pathetic when you're so hungry you could eat a horse (more or less literally, lol), but you can't get your jaws to open to eat! We went to Arby's today, and I tried to eat, really I did. Ended up taking the sandwich apart and eat it in bits that way, cramming in tiny bites, but at least I could eat. Oh, that tasted good. Ended up briniging most of the fries home to warm up for a snack later if I can handle them. At least I'm keeping food down again, and that's the biggest step in recovery. Though I feel badly for Quentin to some extent, because when I realized I couldn't get my sandwich between my teeth whole, I sat there in the restaurant and started bawling in frustration, and he hates when that happens.

And this is highly frustrating. By being able to eat a bit more, I'm getting more calories and thus more energy, but it is still annoying to be so "sick" in this respect. If you've never had to deal with this, take it from me, it is neither easy nor fun. The clove oil does help, but oh my god does it taste nasty if you don't get it in just the right spot. My side of the bedroom smells like cloves now, lol, I've had that stuff out so much. I'm about to try Ben-Gay on the outside of my jaw to see if it can soak in and help the blasted joint a bit. Goodness knows, folks use it on arthritic joints all the time, this really isn't that much different.

The garden, what there is of it that's surviving, is trying to keep on going for me, poor little plant babies. Quentin and a buddy, JJ, are going to a wrestling show tomorrow, and after picking JJ up in the early afternoon, Quentin wil likely bring him back here for a bit before they have to leave. I am hoping to get them to help me finish up the strength stuff on the bailer bucket tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath, as Quentin is very big on talking about how he'll help with stuff, and then putting it off in favor of playing games on his PS2, or mucking about with prettying up the van, or whatever he wants to do besides actual homestead chores. Which, as you can guess, basically leaves the homestead work all up to me. Oh well ... not like I didn't expect that going into this venture, but sometimes it would be nice to have a partner who was more than once in a blue moon help!

Don't forget about the July 4th giveaway - orders can still be placed through tomorrow, the 5th, at midnight, to qualify for entry to win that gorgeous handbag! Just go to my store, order at least $50, and you get an automatic entry towards winning that handbag. Someone has to win it, why not you?

Osage Xpressions

(Besides that, I really need to raise money for a new laptop - this one is getting to where it's a complete butthead half the time!)

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST

How To Knit Fingerless Gloves And Mittens (Learn How to Knit Book 3)
Gardening in a Cool Climate
Organic Composting Made Easy: How To Create Natural Fertilizer At Home (Composing In A Small Space, What To Compost, Hot and Cold Composting, Vermiculture, ... Sustainable Living) (Homesteading Book 3)
Knitting Stitches Handbook (Learn How to Knit 2)
Raising Chickens For Beginners
Natural Dyes From the Backyard (Techniques from Lakeshore Textiles Book 1)
Homemade Body Butter & Lotion For Beginners (How to Make Soap)
Beanie Hat With Bunny - Easy Crochet Pattern
Container Gardening : Container Garden Tips For Beginners For Successful Container Planting (A Container Gardening Guide For The Perfect Gardener)

1 comment:

  1. Hey I know about wishing someone would help around the homestead,I got one like that.I got him to dig a place for the loofas and set up the lattice,that was the extent of that lol!

    ReplyDelete